“DO NOT STAY HERE!!”

Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Booked 3 nights, left after first...Stacey, the manager, would not give me the owner's phone number...wanted to complain about her rudeness and uncooperative nature...would not give us extra towels for pool...only two in room...no sheets for pull-out...said the laundry person went home...Continental breakfast!!no coffe cups, said they were out and just a little basket of granola bars!!! Unbelievable... When I told her how disappointed I was, she laughed and said "you know how many times I hear that!" Stopped at the Visitor Center to let them know and they told me they get constant complaints...air conditioner didn't work, blew hot air, Stacy said, "been broken for weeks, go for a swim!!" Bottom line, I travel a lot and have never, ever experienced anything so pitiful!! There were other couples in the office demanding their money back as well..place should be condemned!,!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank GarrettF753

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Just want to say that my two daughters (9 & 12) and I stayed there for a few nights during spring break. My husband couldn't make it so it was a girls trip! I didn't know what to expect with Days Inn, we booked online so I think it was the effeciency at $219.00 a night. When we went in to see if we could check in early, I was asked if I booked online, and said yes. I was told by the clerk that we actually overpaid. The next room upgrade was a poolside villa and it was $199.00. So I asked if we could see that. I was told that there was also an opening in the Oceanfront Suites. We looked at all three. I would have died if I had stayed in the double bed efficiency. The Villa was a little better, but the Oceanfront Suite was really nice. It was $30 more a night which ended up being like 249.00, but it was worth it to me. It was clean and very open, with a large balcony. I have to say that to me the whole hotel had a weird smell to it. Luckily I had lysol so I sprayed everything down, and that did seem to help. My kids really enjoyed staying there. It is almost the size of a condo. Everyone was extremely friendly, and the A1A sports staff that rent out the Kayaks, boats, etc., were also very friendly to us all. We rented a Kayak and the kids had a blast even caught a shark in the cast net. We have stayed in Islamorada a lot so we were familiar with the restaurants and shops. One of the best is a Cuban restuarant somewhere around MM 73/72 on the Oceanside. Cheap with wonderful food. My kids love the steak the best. You also have to hit Robbie's to feed the Tarpon, foods ok. You have a full kitchen in all of the rooms the suite also has a washer and dryer which was really nice. I saw that someone said that there wasn't a beach. Well the keys don't have tons of beaches, no natural sand, and it's mostly coral. From the hotel you can easily access the ocean, and we had a great time there, the kids can walk through and snorkel etc., but about 7 miles south is Anne's beach and it's pretty nice, and then there is a manmade beach at the Postcard Inn (Tiki Bar) . You can also drive down to Marathon. You will run into about the same thing in mostly all hotels with the beach situation. As long as you know, it's not too disappointing. It's easier to just pick a place and swing over to the beach or bay. I would definitely recommend staying in the Oceanfront suite. I would not stay in the efficiency at all!! I wouldn't count on their continental breakfast either. It's some ceral, juice etc., set up in the very small dark lobby on the check in counter........ We bought bagels and ate on our balcony overlooking the beautiful ocean. Hope this helps. I'm extemely picky and we enjoyed it there. :)

Room Tip: Oceanfront view, they are the full suites, the side ones are only small rooms (I saw one). Remeber...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 501Barbara
DI I, Manager at Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank for the taking the time to give your review of your staff with us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
DI I, Manager at Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I have mixed feelings about this hotel. The room was comfortable, balcony looking at ocean, decent location. No laundry, no telephone in room, pretty bad breakfast. Islamorada and Keys hotels are costly but feel like I paid too much for this one.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ritch62
DI I, Manager at Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

We appreciate your feedback on your stay with us.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I had a good experience with our four day stay in their oceanview suite in March. I researched several websites on hotel reviews prior and why we chose this hotel was because I actually spoke to the front desk person and not a representative that didn't know anything about the location. Front desk rep, Angel was telling me everything I needed to know and that set the tone for a good experience. The staff were friendly and great to give you suggestions on restaurants, taxi service, music, sights and so on. Our suite was 1200 sq ft. More than enough for two people but they had a promo deal that was too good to pass up. The suite was nice, a bit outdated but clean and the housekeeper was there every day with clean sheets, towels and so on. You tend to overlook the little things when you step out to the balcony that overlooked the ocean and marina. It was a panaramic view from all directions and I made it a point to wake up early to capture sunrises and stay up for the sunsets. The property was beautiful. If you are looking for a beach, you won't get one. They offer wave runners and boats. We did do the snorkeling and sighteeing on the waverunners and that was a nice experience. The town is awesome, lots to do and see. Overall, we felt like we had a bit of paradise all to ourselves and everyone there made the experience totally awesome. I give it a A plus ++++ Thank you Stephanie, Sherrie, Angel, Keith, Pat, Dallas, Oscar, Joe, Will and whoever else I missed. Hope to see you again next year! Denny and Peggy ~ Grand Forks, ND

Room Tip: Pick the suite on the higher floors for fantastic views!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
DI I, Manager at Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Thank you Denny and Peggy for your input on our Hotel. It makes us so happy to hear that you had a good time here. We were happy to make your stay an enjoyable one. We look forward to your return.

Stacy
Manager

Reviewed March 16, 2013

My family spent many days at the Days Inn. The staff was polite and courteous. Rooms were clean. Grounds were well kept. The location is ideal with easy access to activities and restaurants. Had a great view from our balcony. Very relaxing and peaceful. Looking forward to next stay there. great place to stay while in the Keys.

• Stayed: January 2013
DI I, Manager at Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you letting us know about your stay with us. We are so happy to hear you had a good time with us. We look forward to return.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is an older motel rebranded Days Inn. staff was at best indifferent to questions. room had only lukewarm water and was in need of new bathroom fixtures which were cracked and old.
It was off season and the weather was poor but no reason for this level of poor service at their rate

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

We are sorry to hear you less than satisfied with your staff with us. If at anytime a guest is not happy with there accomodations we try to make every effort to correct or fix whatever the issue may be.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Islamorada
Amara Cay Resort
Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina
Chesapeake Beach Resort
Chesapeake Beach Resort
#13 of 19 in Islamorada

Been to Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada? Share your experiences!