“Never again!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Nootdorp, The Netherlands
“Never again!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

We have spent 1 night in the hotel in Feb2013. The bathroom was dirty, i found a dirty sock in my bed. The room was smelling some detergent used for cleaning.
The room was spacious and with kitchen facilities that we didn't used.
The breakfast absolutely poor (no warm milk or coffe!)
And....absolutely overpriced!!!! 170$ for a room like this is crazy! Please look for something else in Islamorada!!!!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank barzies
DI I, Manager at Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Sorry to hear you were less than satisfied with your stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

We were on our way to Key west and stopped on Islamorada and stayed at DaysInn. It was a great room Poolside villa suite bed and bath on second floor. Kitchen and living area on first floor. The grounds were well kept would have liked to have stayed more than just over night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DI I, Manager at Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for your review of our property. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
Hope to see you again.
pgh
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

cheap, but oh so gross, will never go back would never recommend.
Dirty, super buggy, so gross
We stayed 2 nights and that is all I could take before we moved on
Room stunk, bed was stained and you know its bad when I had to look up on my smart phone if its a bed bug, it wasent, but bugs are everywhere, other peoples hair everywhere,
Nothing is nice about this hotel
We stayed in the suites and had a kitchen and living area and then you go upstairs to the bedroom and bath,
It is a cheap hotel which is great if that is what your looking for, but to cheap for me, I like clean

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank tlcgrooms
DI I, Manager at Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
I am responding your review on Trip Advisor, I am sorry to hear you found your stay with us not to be satisfactory. I understand you stayed for two nights. If you were unhappy at any time with your room. If possible we would of gladly moved you another room or you would have had the option of leaving early from your reservation with no penalty of doing so. Again sorry that you fould your stay with to be less than satisfactory.

Manager

Travelers are raving about these Islamorada hotels

Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

The location and view from the room was great. The bed was comfortable and room was large and spacious. The hotel was full but rarely heard anyone else. We stayed 4 nights.
We had no phone in the room due to a problem they were working on... so reporting any issues was not easy as the front desk was not in the building with the hotel.
We communicated with the maintenance staff about several issues and easy ones were fixed right away. Biggest issue that needs to addressed which we told the maintenance guy about was the AC unit was very loud and never cycled on and off so if you wanted AC, it was loud all night long. He told us it was one of the older units so not all rooms have this same issue.
Room was clean and the A1A Watersports behind the hotel made this a fun place to stay as they had a great and friendly staff.
We did see a few very small spider like bugs by the fridge but it's close to the balcony and we did not report them as we only saw them there sometimes and they were not inside the fridge. All other areas of the large room were clean and the drawers were clean and bathroom had hints of fixed water damage but also was clean.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for review, we are pleased to hear you were happy with your stay with us. We hope to serve you again in the future.
louisville ky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

We were told how beautiful Islamorada is and it is once you go behind the highway frontage. This was only a one night stay on our way to Key West so I didn't bother to research a hotel for one night. Figured would use one the old reliables like Days Inn since relatively inexpensive. Inexpensive it was not. Over $200 for one night only thing left but was a suite. We knew rooms were expensive down this way so we said ok. Thank goodness it was for only one night. It was the most dilapidated place we have stayed in in years!!! Everything was ancient. You had to fight with the patio door to open it. The couch pillows actualy were so worn they had holes in it. The bathroom sink faucet actually was loose of the tile and you had to hold the tile to pull on the knob to turn the water on. The lamp on the night stand had faulty wiring. I laid down to read my book before going to bed and the light went out. I had to fiddle with it to get it to come back on. The only redeeming quality was that it did have a tiny beach and pier area that we were able to sit on a comfortable bench, have a libation and watch the sunset. Next time I will research for even a one night stay at that price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
DI I, Manager at Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
I am sorry to hear you found you stay with us less than satisfactory. If you had brought any of these issues to our attention we would of immediatly sent someone to fix them. Or if possible depending on availabilty moved you to another room. Again we do apologize that you felt you had a bad experience.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Recently went on vacation to get away from the cold and had a great experience there. Everyone was courteous and were willing to help with any suggested task. The rooms were as good, if not better than any surrounding hotel I've been to in the past (Not my first trip down to the area) and while I was somewhat sceptical of using the boat rental because of a poor experience at a different place nearby, I was very happy with the experience and will definitely use it again on my next trip.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
First and foremost thank you for your review. We really appreciate customer feedback. We are very happy to hear you found your stay with us to a good one and that you will be coming back to stay with us again.

Sincerely;

Manager
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Upon reading some of the reviews of the Days Inn I too was inclined to bypass the place. I'm glad that I didn't.

In all honesty, I don't know what people complain about. My room(s) were very clean, the staff was wonderful and accommodating and the experience is exactly what I expect the Keys to be like.

It is a Days Inn. I wasn't expecting the Hilton, I was expecting a Days Inn. I have a certain budget to remain in on my stays. By staying at the Days Inn I can provide myself with a little more entertainment while I am in the Keys.

I have been a patron quite a few times now and never once have I found something "so disgusting" or "rude" or whatever the complaints have been that I have read from a few posters. I don't have incredibly low standards, I have average standards. Likewise, I also know the Keys fairly well. You can blow a ton of money for a room, but the entire point of being in the Keys is be outside enjoying nature, so why bother with a fancy room when you won't be in it that much. Don't read that as the rooms aren't fancy. I was permitted to see several different rooms each time I have gone and selected the one I wanted. Sherry at the front desk is very helpful and very kind. She let me select what was right for myself and didn't try to force me into a room I couldn't afford. And they do have some very nice rooms. I have thought about staying at the high-rise on the water, but haven't justified the extra cost to myself.

My last visit I noticed that the grounds have been improved dramatically and the place looked like it had been freshened up.

They have a nice pool that is clean and your never more than a two minute walk to the water. The other thing I have seen listed here is that there isn't a beach. There is a beach. It is a Keys beach. The beaches in the Keys are different from what most people think of as a standard beach. If you want 1000 feet of sand slowly rolling into the water's edge, go to Daytona and sit with 15,000 close strangers.

As for the folks who have something nasty to say, I can just assume you have incredibly high standards that us mere mortals would never be able to understand.

For me, this place is great. I travel alone. I take photos. I know what to expect when I book a room at a Days Inn. It is comfortable, the staff is great and I will definitely continue staying there as my go-to place in Islamorada.

Room Tip: I would advise staying in one of the Villas. Perfect placement, great price and a lot of room.