“Excellent Stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Lake Orion, Michigan
“Excellent Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here! They had great service and they were very accommodating to every need. Their water sports rental shop had many great activities, including kayaking. I was very happy with this hotel, it was a great place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DI I, Manager at Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
We are glad to hear you had a excellent time while staying with us. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Key West, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

After spending three nights at a higher end B & B in Key West (with issues, check review elsewhere) we decided to spend the last night of our Keys trip in Islamorada. Since it was only one night we didnt need a "resort" so we shopped around for a deal. Days Inn met that need quite well. We were in room 605 which is an efficiency room nearer the main road rather then the water. Overall I wont complain although the courtyard could do with an upgrade of newer plastic patio sets..LOL. However it was clean, well enough equipped, easy parking, friendly staff and a short walk to the water with some comfy hamocks and a small bar. If your after a more resorty stay go for the ocenview building. If your going for a great price on a room thats near to a lot of fun things to do then this fits the bill.

Room Tip: Discuss room location when making reservation. There is a fair distance (meaning a 5 minute walk) b...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank flynmatt
DI I, Manager at Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for your review of our Resort. We are pleased to hear you found our establishment to meet your needs. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
East Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

I had a great time while I was visiting the Keys. The rooms were very accommodating and clean. The staff was friendly and catered to our every need. During our week we relaxed by the pool, went on walks around the area, and ate at local restaurants. We also rented kayaks from the on-site water sports rental shop and took them on the ocean, which i would recommend to anyone that stays there. Overall the trip was fantastic and easily one of the best vacations I have had. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who visits the Florida Keys.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DI I, Manager at Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure to serve you. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Manassas, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

The "continental breakfast" is a joke. Two tupperware containers of cereal, some dollar store packaged pastries (2 kinds, a danish looking thing & a fruit newton clone), and some dishwater coffee. The "spread" takes up about 1 foot and a half of the front desk counter. No fruit, oatmeal, yogurt, anything remotely healthy. If you're in the oceanfront building it's a bit of a hike to get it. Not a huge issue unless it's pouring or you have reduced mobility.

I chose an Oceanview room as the photos looked stunning. The view is ok. From the balcony. There is one lonely plastic chair on my balcony and no table. Since you would assume two people would be in the room one would think two chairs might be standard. I don't see any other chairs so I guess I should be thankful. From the bed your view is of the adjacent yard.

This is my second day here and twice I've been out all day, and come back to an unmade room. And not 5 minutes after I walk in the door at 4:30pm and try to start showering & changing, housekeeping shows up. Two days in a row. Yesterday I said oh just forget it, but today I have no towels & overflowing trash so now I'm out on the balcony when I should be in the shower. Somehow I got the impression from the website that there was a beach here and brought my snorkeling gear. There's no beach. Two hammocks, one is broken. For $130 per night I expect more. And yes, most of the hotels around here are more expensive. But last year I stayed at the Ragged Edge & paid half what I did here, and had a better stay.

The people here seem nice, but I won't stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher is probably better.....guys have been working on boats and other stuff in the parking lot so...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
DI I, General Manager at Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
I am sorry to hear you were unhappy with your stay with us. In order to better ourselves we read the reviews and will take into account your comments. I do hope that you will allow us to serve you again in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Islamorada hotels

Adelaide
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

En route to Key West, we were advised that accommodation would be at a premium by visitor centres, with the "Fantasy Festival" on in a few day, so stayed here. The room, 605 was dirty, the beds were not too bad, except for the coffee spilt on one bedspread. The room was not touched during our day out, new towels were provided. The air conditioner was like a truck motor and we were unable to sleep with the windows open, no flyscreens. Breakfast was budget. We got what we paid for, cheap by local standards, not nice. The dud for our 8 weeks. We should have paid a few more dollars for the Hampton.

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
DI I, Manager at Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
I am sorry to here you were unsatisfied with your stay with us. If you were unhappy with your room we would of happily moved you to another. We hope you will allow us another chance and stay with us again.
tallahassee, florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Please be careful when booking at this hotel especially if you change your mind about staying there based on online reviews. I had booked at this hotel for a work trip, then read online reviews that made me reconsider. We contacted the hotel and cancelled the reservation. The hotel would not provide a confirmation number for the cancellation, but the woman on the phone assured us that the room was cancelled. However, they then proceeded to charge my credit card for a one nght stay claiming that I was a "no-show" even though we had actually cancelled the reservation well with their required time frame. I believe that this is a total scam. and that this is really really poor customer service. They will no longer be receiving any business from our employees.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank redhillstraveler
DI I, Manager at Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
I am sorry to hear you feel this way about our property. We certainly do not have any kind of scam going. We do have processes in place that we follow when a guest does not show up for a reservation or cancels with in the proper amount of time. We would be happy to speak to you further if you would like to call us directly we may be able to clear up any confusion on this matter.
Sincerely
Manager
Lake Orion, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

I came down here with some family in late September when the weather started to cool down. We thought that Islamorada would be a great place in the keys and we were right! This hotel was very nice! We stayed for 3 days and did many great things here. The room was very comfortable and clean and we enjoyed our stay. The service here was also great and everyone was very friendly. We also liked the complementary breakfast. We will definitely stay here again at my next trip to the keys. I had no complaints whatsoever.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you had a great experience with us. Call us directly for your next stay.
Manager