“Unfortunately the reviews are pretty much right. Not up to Days Inn standards.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada

Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Manassas, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

The "continental breakfast" is a joke. Two tupperware containers of cereal, some dollar store packaged pastries (2 kinds, a danish looking thing & a fruit newton clone), and some dishwater coffee. The "spread" takes up about 1 foot and a half of the front desk counter. No fruit, oatmeal, yogurt, anything remotely healthy. If you're in the oceanfront building it's a bit of a hike to get it. Not a huge issue unless it's pouring or you have reduced mobility.

I chose an Oceanview room as the photos looked stunning. The view is ok. From the balcony. There is one lonely plastic chair on my balcony and no table. Since you would assume two people would be in the room one would think two chairs might be standard. I don't see any other chairs so I guess I should be thankful. From the bed your view is of the adjacent yard.

This is my second day here and twice I've been out all day, and come back to an unmade room. And not 5 minutes after I walk in the door at 4:30pm and try to start showering & changing, housekeeping shows up. Two days in a row. Yesterday I said oh just forget it, but today I have no towels & overflowing trash so now I'm out on the balcony when I should be in the shower. Somehow I got the impression from the website that there was a beach here and brought my snorkeling gear. There's no beach. Two hammocks, one is broken. For $130 per night I expect more. And yes, most of the hotels around here are more expensive. But last year I stayed at the Ragged Edge & paid half what I did here, and had a better stay.

The people here seem nice, but I won't stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher is probably better.....guys have been working on boats and other stuff in the parking lot so...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
DI I, General Manager at Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
I am sorry to hear you were unhappy with your stay with us. In order to better ourselves we read the reviews and will take into account your comments. I do hope that you will allow us to serve you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Adelaide
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

En route to Key West, we were advised that accommodation would be at a premium by visitor centres, with the "Fantasy Festival" on in a few day, so stayed here. The room, 605 was dirty, the beds were not too bad, except for the coffee spilt on one bedspread. The room was not touched during our day out, new towels were provided. The air conditioner was like a truck motor and we were unable to sleep with the windows open, no flyscreens. Breakfast was budget. We got what we paid for, cheap by local standards, not nice. The dud for our 8 weeks. We should have paid a few more dollars for the Hampton.

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
DI I, Manager at Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
I am sorry to here you were unsatisfied with your stay with us. If you were unhappy with your room we would of happily moved you to another. We hope you will allow us another chance and stay with us again.

Travelers are raving about these Islamorada hotels

tallahassee, florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Please be careful when booking at this hotel especially if you change your mind about staying there based on online reviews. I had booked at this hotel for a work trip, then read online reviews that made me reconsider. We contacted the hotel and cancelled the reservation. The hotel would not provide a confirmation number for the cancellation, but the woman on the phone assured us that the room was cancelled. However, they then proceeded to charge my credit card for a one nght stay claiming that I was a "no-show" even though we had actually cancelled the reservation well with their required time frame. I believe that this is a total scam. and that this is really really poor customer service. They will no longer be receiving any business from our employees.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank redhillstraveler
DI I, Manager at Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
I am sorry to hear you feel this way about our property. We certainly do not have any kind of scam going. We do have processes in place that we follow when a guest does not show up for a reservation or cancels with in the proper amount of time. We would be happy to speak to you further if you would like to call us directly we may be able to clear up any confusion on this matter.
Sincerely
Stacy
Manager
Lake Orion, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I came down here with some family in late September when the weather started to cool down. We thought that Islamorada would be a great place in the keys and we were right! This hotel was very nice! We stayed for 3 days and did many great things here. The room was very comfortable and clean and we enjoyed our stay. The service here was also great and everyone was very friendly. We also liked the complementary breakfast. We will definitely stay here again at my next trip to the keys. I had no complaints whatsoever.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you had a great experience with us. Call us directly for your next stay.
Stacy
Manager
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

This place was wonderful. Very friendly staff, clean rooms, and these people treat you like they really care! Plenty to do - pool, paddle boards, jet skis, kayaks, small beach. Complimentary breakfast. The management worked with us after we were treated like dirt by the Sunset Inn up the road. They didn't charge us for our third guest because of the trouble we went thru prior to our arrival. I would stay here again and again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
DI I, Manager at Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you so much. We are glad you stayed with us and hope you will be back to visit again soon.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

The Days Inn is located in a great spot.There is plenty to do with water sports right on property.We were there for a wedding and we werent in the room much but if your expecting a 5 star resort,this isnt it.But its a nice place to rest your head at night after spending all day out on the water.A great coffee shop and Burrito place doesnt hurt either!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dynamicjohn
Medina, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

My mother in law booked this hotel for the family. It stated 3 bedroom suite for a flat rate. When she went to check out, she saw that she was being charged per person. The front desk clerk stated that when he called headquarters to see why they would do this they explained the rooms are generally only for 2 people. SO A SUITE WITH 3 BEDS AND A PULL OUT COUCH IS FOR ONLY 2 PEOPLE AT THIS PLACE. Then they had the nerve to ask the front desk clerk "WHAT IS THE CUSTOMERS PROBLEM SHE WAS ONLY CHARGED 12.00 MORE." When actually she was charged much more than that.
ON TOP OF THAT THE TOWELS WERE STAINED!!! EWWW!!! When we first pulled up this rude lady with a thick jamaican accent asked me rudely how many towels we would need. Then when I told her we were all staying together she tried to tell me we werent. A dirty towel that was used to clean up a puddle of coffee sat there the 2 days we stayed. A man also came to our door that looked shady telling us that our toilet needed to be looked at because we placed a call for it. He didnt believe us when we said actually we never did. Come to find out he does work there but he didnt look professional so we were nervous. The breakfast was choice of package muffin, cold cereal, or an orange. I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS IS A PART OF A DAYS INN FRANCHISE!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family