“The grounds are fantastic, the view is incredible and the fun was just steps away.”

Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Reviewed February 26, 2012

The staff was phenomenal! Shawn and Kristina were there every time we needed anything. The front desk was very helpful in finding where to go and what to do. It's great to have so much help when your in a new place. Thank you Luke and Stacy.

• Stayed January 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
buffalo
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Took a trip and did not want to travel outside of US with the kids. We ended up in the keys and found the Days Inn in Islomorada. They had townhouse type rooms that were by the pool and provided enough space for the family. We were close to the theatre of the sea (swimming with the dolphins) and went on a chartered fishing trip. The room was spacious, priced right and great for us to avoid going out to eat every night with the kitchen, etc. Reccomend for location and if you have a young family.

Room Tip: If you have a family get a townhouse type by the pool
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed February 16, 2012

We booked this hotel after calling and arranging in advance for an OCEAN FRONT view and were assured that is what we would have. We picked this hotel because it was closer to a dive shop we wanted to use during our vacation. When we arrived the desk person gave me some song and dance because my wife reserved the room using her credit card (my account) and that I'd just have to go get her card because it was too much trouble to change the reservation and start all over. When I came back in she was "Busy" and her coworker who waited on me said "No problem, you can use YOUR CARD and I'll just make the change". %$#!@! We get to the room - BEACH VIEW after all the phone calls and assurances previously before booking. When we called down to ask to be moved to the OCEAN VIEW we were promised, the clerk said it was $50 per night more! When we pointed out that the room was misrepresented as an ocean front room on the web site as well as by the staff she rudely said that if we didn't like it she would charge us for one night and we could leave as she had "50 other people she could give the room to". Interesting note: The sign on the back of the door signed by the Governer states "the maximum rate for this room is $209.00" I am paying $225 + Tax + a "resort fee" of $15 per night that is not disclosed up front. Needless to say we took them up on their offer and split. Got a fabulous ocean front Suite for less at the Postcard Inn & Marina plus $60 in meals/$25 in watersports coupons!

Room Tip: Staff states "all rooms are ocean view" Not so. Toilet wobbles.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mike K

Travelers are raving about these Islamorada hotels

Auburn, Alabama
Reviewed February 16, 2012

We arrived late in the evening and the front desk crew was polite and jovial, which put us at ease. But when we arrived in the courtyard room, it was a whole other story.

The rooms were old, dirty and smelled of mold. The windows were unlocked, and one appeared to have been pried open form the outside. Upon turning down my bed, the white sheets were strewn with dark hair. I called the front desk and asked for clean sheets. Within 30 minutes the manager came and told me the sheets were clean. Now, I'm no rocket scientist, but I know when sheets are dirty. He changed the sheets and once again told me that those sheets could not have been dirty. #1- Don't argue with a customer, when you can clearly see the shirts were filthy.

The carpets were stained, the TV remote was greasy and there was no security outside the building. I slept in my clothes on top of the sheets, afraid what could be lurking underneath. Upon waking the next morning I found several bugs on the floor that had crept out in the middle of the night. Not once did I walk on the floor without my shoes on.

There was not an iron in the room, nor the the front desk have one for guest use. The breakfast consisted of a banana and some prepacked muffins sitting on the front desk for you to choose from.

Do yourself a favor and DO NOT STOP at this hotel. I was terrified I would end up with bugs in my suitcase and some sort of hives from the uncleanliness. The order itself was enough to make you sick.

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor and pick another hotel.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank azjamie
Clinton Township, Michigan
Reviewed February 14, 2012

It couldn't really get any better. The hospitality was great and made me feel like at home. The room was clean and the scenery was great. It was a great place to stay and next time i o down I'll stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Anthony R
NC mtns
Reviewed February 14, 2012

We got an oceanfront suite - large MBR with sliding glass door to the balcony, large living area with second glass door to the balcony (and the balcony was long and wide and overlooked the marina and the Atlantic Ocean). Nice kitchen with counter seating and separate large dining area, washer dryer, roomy, clean, and comfortable. Very calm, very serene. Definitely a beach hotel. The staff is terrific!

Room Tip: Definnitely upgrade to the oceanview suite, SO worth the money!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank MissM13
Reviewed February 10, 2012

This hotel is exactly how the Florida keys should be they have great Bohemian decor friendly staff , I loved the atmosphere here

• Stayed February 2012