“Wonderful premises with a wonderful hospitality team!”
Review of Cheeca Lodge & Spa

Cheeca Lodge & Spa
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Highly recommend staying at the Cheeca Lodge, everybody here is very attentive and personable. I would like to express how grateful I am for this stay. I would like to bring up that Ashley, the concierge at the SPA was delightful and very serviceable. She covered all of the massages and helped me choose which was best for my needs, she explained the products I had questions on and helped me choose the ones she thought would help me, and she also walked me to an area I was looking for. This girl is truly an asset for the SPA. Also Helena at the front desk, was wonderful, she went above and beyond to help with some technical difficulties. Overall a delightful experience.

Room Tip: The breakfast buffet is delicious, they offer Salmon locks with capers too:) If you fish you can bri...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
CheecaLodge, Guest Relations Manager at Cheeca Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

On behalf of our entire hospitality team, we thank you for your delightful review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay so much. We are pleased with your kind words about Ashley and Helena and will share your gratitude all around. Thank you so much for writing, and please plan a return visit soon!

There are newer reviews for Cheeca Lodge & Spa

Reviewed November 21, 2013

My wife and I spent 2 nights at this resort on our visit to the Florida keys in November.
Unfortunately we didn't get to experience much of what the resort has to offer as it rained heavily most of our stay. The room/suite overlooking the golf course was spacious with a separate bedroom and living area and large bathroom. AC worked well but was a bit noisy.
The food at Limoncella and Atlantics Edge was good, better at Atlantics than Limoncella. Dining outside under the verandah was really enjoyable as we got to enjoy the warm night without getting wet.
The resort is very large with lots of amenities but at close to $350/night I don't agree with charging a resort fee of $40/day. These little extra's really start to bug me, especially when we are spending good $ already. At least the water and air was not an extra charge... yet.
If we were staying in Islamorada again I would choose Cheeca as I prefer a resort that has everything you need on site, and it is picturesque.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

We truly appreciate your comments, and are delighted you would stay here again in the future. We are happy you found our resort picturesque and your suite spacious. We are sorry our resort fee caused some concern; we think it is comparable to other resorts of our caliber. It includes tennis, golf, fishing rods, sea kayaks, bicycles, shade cabanas, fitness center, DVD movie rentals, in-room coffee, tea and bottled water, wireless internet, guest internet station with DSL and printer, local and 800 calls, guest fax services, daily newspaper delivery, local shuttle service and valet or self-parking.
Thank you for writing, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Wow, gorgeous property with amenities galore. Great pools, snorkeling, tiki hut, and lounging area. When you check in they serve you a nice glass of champagne and the rest is service, service, service. Thanks for letting unwind in style.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad one.
1  Thank harpmonster

We loved your review, and thank you for writing it! We are so happy you were able to unwind in style here at Cheeca Lodge & Spa. Please come back soon!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I booked Checca Lodge back in February following a recommendation. I then spent the next 9 months worrying if I had done the right thing as I had been following the reviews on Trip Advisor. On a couple of occasions I nearly cancelled but I'm so glad I didn't. We had a lagoon view room but I believe is one of the cheaper rooms but you wouldn't have guessed it. Two lovely queen sized beds, marble fittings in the bathroom and a balcony. We were able to park underneath the room which was great as it rained for most of one day. There was a DVD library in the sports room which was ideal for the rainy day. On the first night we dined at Limoncello and found the food to be outstanding and the staff excellent. Judging by some of the cars on the car park the resort caters for people who like the finer things in life and it was great to be part of that for two days.

3  Thank Finleysmum

We are very, very happy that you chose to stay at Cheeca. You are correct, our guests do prefer the finer things in life and we do everything we can to deliver just that! We are delighted you enjoyed your accommodations, our DVD library, Limoncello and our excellent staff. Please come back again soon.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

My family and I have stayed here many times, and it is always one of our favorite places to stay in Islamorada. The renovations following the fire a few years ago a really very nice. It is expensive, so we don't stay every time we come down, but it's worth a splurge every now and then. My two daughters, 10 and 12yrs, both love it. They get so excitede every time we make a reservation.The suites in the buildings that overlook the lagoon near the spa are our favorites. The view of the lagoon lit up at night are great. Get an upper floor suite. The girls sleep on the sofa-bed and my wife and I get a private bedroom. And there is a small full kitchen so you can cook in the room if you like. The pool area is first class, with a very nice tiki bar right next to it. And the new sushi bar in the hotel is fantastic.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank AParkhillHand

Reviews from repeat guests like you are very important to us and we are elated that we are one of your favorite resorts. It’s nice to hear your daughters love Cheeca, too. We are so happy you like our lagoon view accommodations, and the resort is truly beautiful at night. Thank you for recommending Nikai – this sushi bar and restaurant is one of the best in Florida. Thank you so much for writing, and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

First off, I never take the time to write reviews. However, after reading all of these very nice reviews on Cheeca Lodge I felt I needed to set the record straight! I am returning very dissapointed after ending a weekend at Cheeca Lodge with my family. Although the entire staff was very helpful and pleasant (Especially Earl at the gate when you arrive # great guy), the resort was overpriced for what it was. Islamorada is known for great fishing right? We'll let's just say you wouldn't know that by eating at the Cheeca's Atlantic Edge! We honestly did not have a good meal or well made drink the entire weekend. The lagoon looked like a swamp and there was no beach. The rooms were nice and the spa was average.

Room Tip: Choose a different resort!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Chris L

We were disappointed after reading your comments, and apologize that we did not meet your expectations at the Atlantic’s Edge restaurant. It was nice to hear you found our staff to be helpful and pleasant and your room to be nice. Our saltwater snorkeling lagoon is fed with continuously circulated ocean waters and filled with a myriad of local fish. This ecosystem directly reflects the conditions of the ocean waters, which vary greatly with the wind and weather. Our grounds keeping staff works tirelessly to keep this area clean and pristine. Cheeca’s beach is typical of any beach in the Florida Keys, which are a string of tiny islands comprised of ancient coral rock. The only living coral reef in the continental U.S. is located just off our shores. The reef is surrounded by crystal clear waters and creates spectacular fishing, snorkeling and diving adventures, but it also prevents surf-like waves from reaching our shores. Thank you for writing.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stopped here for 2 nights on the way back from Key West to Miami. Not cheap but excellent for the price. Wonderful huge suite with superb marble bathroom and very comfortable bed.
The grounds are delightful , staff friendly and there is plenty to do.
Atlantic Edge restaurant as good as any in Kew West or Miami and Tiki Bar good fun. Highly recommend - like a Caribbean resort with better food and more to do!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your fabulous recommendation! We often refer to Cheeca and the Keys as “America’s Caribbean.” We truly appreciate your compliments on our accommodations, grounds, staff, restaurants and amenities. Please come back and see us again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Islamorada
Amara Cay Resort
#5 of 19 in Islamorada
Ocean House
Ocean House
#1 of 19 in Islamorada

Been to Cheeca Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!