“Had a fantastic time!”

Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Boca Raton, Florida
“Had a fantastic time!”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is a great resort. The rooms were large and very clean. On arrival we each received a complimentary glass of champagne and were told we could keep the glasses as mementos, all the staff were extremely friendly and helpful from the time we checked in, till the time our stay was over. The complimentary tea and coffee station every morning was appreciated. We did not have to leave the resort as Cheeca Lodge has enough dining, lunch and breakfast options to choose from. There were also lots of activities including yoga, a gym, parasailing, fishing, kayaking and loads more.
The views of the ocean were absolutely stunning, it was as though we were on our own paradise island. Staying at Cheeca Lodge was a great experience all round.

1 Thank Tina789

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,007)
Aventura, Florida
Reviewed May 26, 2013

The service I received was horrible. I waited until almost 6:00pm for a room to become available and finally just cancelled my reservation. I know the pictures look amazing but this place is small and does not live up to the pictures at all. The price is not worth the stay.

7 Thank Yaniv L
CheecaSales, Director of Sales at Cheeca Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
We are very sorry it took so long to get your room ready. We try to accommodate all of our guests by meeting the 4:00 p.m. check-in time, but we are not always successful on extremely busy weekends like Memorial Day weekend. Please accept our apologies. We are confident that if you would have opted to stay with us, we could have had a chance to show you that a stay at Cheeca is definitely worth the price. We hope you will consider a future visit to our island paradise. Thank you for your review.
Paso Robles, California
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This was our first vacation together as a family. My husband and I had visited the Keys before but this was a first with the kids. We stayed 4 nights and 5 days and we had a blast. A little pricey and the resort fee was a little much everyday. However the experience that you get with the fee is fun.....sailing, snorkeling in the lagoon, kayaks and movies. All in all a great place to stay even with the family. If your not looking to eat every night at the resort there is a great restaurant right across the street that allows for an amazing sunset dinner on the beach. We will be back!

Room Tip: Suites by the lagoon are great!
New York
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Cheeca Lodge was fabulous. Great staff, beautiful rooms, gorgeous grounds and totally relaxing. We only ate dinner at Cheeca one night but it was wonderful. Limoncello restaurant and ask for Chrissy. She was soooo pleasant and an excellent waitress. Lounge chairs were very comfortable. We had a bungalow room that faced the ocean (heavenly). There is turn down service at night. This was the perfect vacation for my husband and I as we are Superstorm Sandy victims and this was what we needed. Yes, it is pricey but you know this before you go so don't complain once you get there! There are many restaurants close by within a 5 minute ride. Make sure that you stop and chat with Earl at the front gate. Very knowledgeable and fun to talk with. He will steer you where the locals go.

Room Tip: Get a bungalow superior room facing the ocean if your budget allows. We never experienced any kind o...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark

Before buying a home in Islamorada I traveled to the Keys very often and
Cheeca was always my choice of Hotel. I still come by, eat and shop very often. They are doing a great job at Cheeca. I def recommend.

Room Tip: ocean view
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Brad R
Reviewed May 23, 2013

My wife and I recently spent 3 nights at the Cheeca Lodge. I was a bit nervous before we arrived because I had read some bad reviews. But as soon as I arrived and checked it all was good again. We were greeted with warm smiles and numerous greetings, we felt that we were welcome. As you drive up the long driveway you are surrounded by well manicured lush tropical gardens. With openings to the left overlooking their executive golf course. When I saw some guys playing golf in their bathing suits and barefoot, I knew I was going to like this place. Checking in was a breeze, you sit at nice large wooden desks for checking in and we were offered champaign or cold water. Our room was in the lodge, highly recommend staying in lodge, fourth floor suite with golf course view. We could see the gulf from our balcony. Our room was well appointed, clean, and large. The king bed was very comfortable. We had no problems with the room or hotel maid service during our stay. I would say that the cost for the room is on the high side, $480.00/night, but I felt the price was in line with what you recd, including the 39$ per day activity fee, which included many items. The property is beautiful and the views of the Atlantic are breath taking. There are 2 pools, we used the main pool next to the lodge, there were not many kids, so we took advantage of the views and breeze, the weather each day was around 85 but the breeze made it very comfortable. We walked around often checking out the pier, the salt water lagoon and the large walking trail around the property, we found the grounds to be well manicured and clean, although I felt the lagoon could be cleaned up to look more appealing.. Don't expect much of a beach, but this is common in the keys. Every meal we had was excellent with great service. I felt the prices were very reasonable for the quality of the food and the portions. We mostlly ate outside, except one night we ate at the sushi bar. Breakfast was very good with great coffee, I would recommend the blue berry pancakes or the complete breakfast. We also had fish tacos for lunch... Awesome. Now for the sushi.... Best sushi I have ever had, the chef substituted a few items for me, with enthusiasm, and the food was fabulous. Service outstanding and price was reasonable. Overall we had a great weekend and would go back without any doubts or hesitation. I loved the casual atmosphere. Ok now for the little complaints I would have if you twisted my are to say something bad.... The boutique was very nice with beautiful clothes and other items... But expensive. For shopping go down the street to World Wide Sports... Just a great place to go. The tiki bar was great to hang out, although one afternoon they were short handed and the bar tender was showing her frustration... That can ruin the mood, which was mostly free spirited at the tiki bar. Lastly my wife complained about the lighting in the bathroom? Something about she had trouble with putting her makeup on? Obviously this didnt bother me in the least... I was in paradise. Can't wait to get back to Cheeca, next time I hope to Spring for an Ocean view suite in the lodge. Thank you Cheeca staff!

Room Tip: Stay in lodge! If you can afford Atlantic view.... Get it! Also I like the higher floors...they seem...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
CheecaSales, Director of Sales at Cheeca Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
You are most welcome! We are absolutely delighted that we pleased you in so many different ways. Thank you so much for your wonderful review, and we cannot wait for you to come back to our island paradise.
Maryland
Reviewed May 23, 2013

The hotel is nice and customer service was great. Our room was very large - we had the golf course view suite. Our view was more of a dirt road than the very small golf course though. It would have been great for a family or large group sharing two rooms because there was a connecting door. The down side was that in the living room we could hear our neighbors as if they were in the same room with us. The pool and the beach were great, plenty of chairs. We had the breakfast buffet which was very good and the crab grilled cheese at the Tiki Bar is amazing. Over all it was a nice visit but I don't know that I would spend the money to stay again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind review. We are happy you found our resort to be nice and our customer service to be great. We also loved hearing that you enjoyed our beach and our menu items. We do apologize for the noise issues in your suite, and we certainly hope you come back for a repeat visit. We feel our room rates are competitive with other resorts of our caliber, and we will be offering a variety of special rates and packages this summer. Thanks again for your nice review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Islamorada
Amara Cay Resort
#4 of 19 in Islamorada
The Moorings Village
The Moorings Village
#6 of 19 in Islamorada

Been to Cheeca Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!