“Wonderful Fish Taco's”

Wahoo's Bar and Grill
Ranked #17 of 93 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Perched above the world-famous Whale Harbor Marina, Wahoo's Bar and Grill offers the Key's freshest selection of locally caught fish and seafood including mahi-mahi, grouper, snapper, tuna, and Florida lobster that come right from our docks. Wahoo's Bar and Grill offers both an indoor and outdoor bar to help you lose track of time while here in paradise. Just don't forget about our fantastic happy hour which is available Monday through Friday from 4pm to 7pm
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Best fish tacos we had in the keys, along with outstanding views. Prices where fair, service good, its upstairs so expect a little climb.

There are newer reviews for Wahoo's Bar and Grill

Reviewed August 25, 2014

We have visited this restaurant before and it was very good. It is still very good, but one thing I didnt like (and didnt remember being an issue before) is their NO SUBSTITUTIONS policy. Basically if your meal comes with fries and you want a salad or sweet potato tots instead TOO BAD! You can take the fries they give you with your meal (throw them away or waste them) and then you can order an additional side if that is what you want - but they do not care to please you and you cannot sub for anything else.

Actually I was AMAZED at this policy. I really cannot understand a restaurant that tells customers NO! NO, we wont do that. NO, we wont do it and you pay an upcharge. NO, we dont care what you would like to eat - what do you think we are here for you!

Really shocking! I would give them a TERRIBLE rating, but I would be lying. I was just severely disappointed in their inflexibility.

Overall the food was still good. The service was a little slow and aloof!

You will pay alot, but welcome to the keys!

Reviewed August 25, 2014

I was recently traveling on Florida. I was so happy to find a restaurant with an amazing view and great service. The restaurant was actually very busy and i was shock that we only waited about 15 minutes to be seated. The personal was cortious and very friendly. Great service, food and ambiance. I will recomend this place to all my friends!!!

Reviewed August 24, 2014

We came across this restaurant following a recommendation. It is situated next to the highway that links the mainland with the Keys. The marina is a great sight to watch the boats coming in and out while eating the great fish sandwiches. They are fresh and tasty. This is a casual and large seating area.

2  Thank rkgkrk
Reviewed August 22, 2014

We went here because we could walk to it from our hotel. What a brilliant place. It doesn't look much, although I like the slightly shabby look. Inside, the staff can't do enough for you - particularly if you're rather shy English people! We sat outside overlooking the dock and the ocean. We went twice and each time the food exceeded all expectations. Firstly, there wasn't too much - this is a big deal if you aren't used to American sized portions! The fish was cooked beautifully, real melt in the mouth. The paella looked like it might walk away cos it had crab/lobster claws as a topping. The Chardonnay was excellent, there was 'real' beer... The Key Lime Pie is truly the best I've tasted. Big enough to share, with a seriously thick biscuit base and a clean, sharp taste. I'd go back just to have this! If you're anywhere nearby, it's definitely worth the effort to visit.