“Good seafood with nice view”

Wahoo's Bar and Grill
Ranked #21 of 95 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Description: Perched above the world-famous Whale Harbor Marina, Wahoo's Bar and Grill offers the Key's freshest selection of locally caught fish and seafood including mahi-mahi, grouper, snapper, tuna, and Florida lobster that come right from our docks. Wahoo's Bar and Grill offers both an indoor and outdoor bar to help you lose track of time while here in paradise. Just don't forget about our fantastic happy hour which is available Monday through Friday from 4pm to 7pm
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

The food and service was pretty good considering we arrived quite late and were the last meal to be served. Everything was hot. Clams were fresh and delicious. Conch chowder was excellent. Based on previous visits it is consistant. Prices are on the high side but that is typical in the Keys.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,367)

Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Eclectic menu for a bar, speedy service, fresh simple seafood. Had the mahi mahi sandwich which was bun fish lettuce tomato; nothing special ( I don't know why I'm under the impression that fish sandwiches will one day blow my mind). Mahi mahi tacos were flavorful and fresh. Don't sit outdoors in the evening ! Thankfully Brian was kind enough to tell us to move inside when he saw Mosquitos circling us; within 5 minutes I was bitten to bits don't know what would've happened if he didn't say anything.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stopped here several times over our two week trip, and were met with friendly smiles and a comfortable, easy atmosphere each time. The outside tiki bar is great, and you can watch the captains unload their catch as they return from their trips.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I loved the fact that they cooked the permit fish I caught that morning. Brought it in, they grilled it, gave me sides and a drink and I was happy. It's a bar/restaurant, nothing fancy at all.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Initially i thought the service would be bad, the clean up boy was rather rude, looked at us and said you can sit anywhere, we chose a a table and he trew the cutlery on our table... Lucky we got a for real waiter after that. He was patient and polite and made funny comments...
The food was delicious,i had mahi grilled with sweet plantains...yum. My husband ordered the enchilada with shrimp, although quite spicy it was very good.
Pricing wasnt the cheapest but worth it.
I would return!