“Wahoos, Good place for a beer and dinner after a day of fishing.”

Wahoo's Bar and Grill
Ranked #15 of 94 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Perched above the world-famous Whale Harbor Marina, Wahoo's Bar and Grill offers the Key's freshest selection of locally caught fish and seafood including mahi-mahi, grouper, snapper, tuna, and Florida lobster that come right from our docks. Wahoo's Bar and Grill offers both an indoor and outdoor bar to help you lose track of time while here in paradise. Just don't forget about our fantastic happy hour which is available Monday through Friday from 4pm to 7pm
Reviewed October 22, 2011

My son and I ate at Wahoos after a day of fishing. We really enjoyed their food and the view was very nice I had fish tacos and a Pipeline porter to drink a enjoyed both. My son had a bowl of bisque and said it was very good. We ate there midweek in March and it was busy but not overly crowded and the service was good.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,354)

Reviewed October 16, 2011

My two friends and I first ate near the bar at a table to have appetizers. The next day we came back for lunch and ate inside. The conch soup was great! The third time we were given a table by the lovely Margarite(very lovely; a Canadian with a non US foreign accent!). She didnt have to give us the table but saw we werent comfortable sitting on the tall stools by on of the small tall tables. Margarite gave us a regualer sit down table which she wasnt serving. She was concerned over the restaurants customers and wanted to us to feel at home.
We ordered the cold peel and eat shrimp. Great! with dipping sauce too. Not with the run of the mill cocktail sauce. I ordered the cracked conch. Thats what I wanted. Being from North. Calif. I dont have that at home. I did order the conch fritters out first time. They were good but I wanted to taste and bite into the conch itself. This was just cut into bite size pieces and then deep fried in a light batter. I then later, ordered another batch of cracked conch deep fried in light batter.
A nice place to bring friends a family.
Also a big shout out to the manager, Gary, who talked to us for a while and made it a real pesonal homey experience.

Reviewed October 7, 2011

The bar is a great place to look out over the ocean, see the boats that you should charter below, and kick back to a lower gear in preparation for your time in the Keys. The food is average with the normal staples of beach bar food although the fish sandwiches are always good. The drinks are average in that you get just exactly what you ordered. The staff is ok, but you leave wishing that they would hire more locals who know the area and the "culture" rather than refugees from South Beach who seem to be a little pensive rather than rude. It's a great stopover that should find you on a bar stool at least once.

Reviewed October 5, 2011

Went down to the Keys with my husband for the weekend and stopped by Wahoos for dinner. The view, food and drinks were so good that we went back again the following evening. We each selected a different special of the day, hoping for the best and we were not disappointed. The food was delicious and the view was perfect. Our waitress, Margarida, was on top of her game and the manager even stopped by to greet us and to check how our meal was. We will definitely be back on our next trip down south and would highly recommend the trip to anyone in the South Florida area.

Reviewed October 4, 2011

My husband got the Bucket of Bait and was very impressed with the freshness and quality of the seafood. I was not impressed with the prices of fresh fish considering the ambiance of other restaurants in this price range.