“Couldn't fault a thing.”

Kaiyo Grill & Sushi
Ranked #15 of 95 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We are a nouveau fusion restaurant, representing eclectic styles of cuisines. We source local and seasonal ingredients to compliment our ever changing menu. We have a wine list that represents 5 continents and over 120 offerings.
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We were recommend by our resort ( pines & palms) so gave it a try & glad we did.
Our waitress was really helpful, friendly & personal.
We had starter mains & Desert could fault any of them,
Thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience & would go back there even if we were only calling though.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

It was a good food but a little over priced. It was a little classy so wear nicer clothes. Not very kid friendly.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

We've been in Islamorade for a few days and haven't had a bad experience until today. I read a lot of good reviews about Kaiyo grill for sushi so decided to give it a try. Ordered a beer and by the time it got to my table it was warm. I wanna some sashimi so I got the "sashimi dinner", $30. It looked like a $10 appetizer. The server asked if I wanted miso soup or salad so I figured it came with my meal and ordered the soup, saltiest thing I've ever had only had about a 3rd of it and she had the guts to charge me $4.00 for it so I subtracted that from her tip. Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else.

1  Thank Mariondo
TurtleTracker, General Manager at Kaiyo Grill & Sushi, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Thank you for your response. I apologize that your experience did not go as desired. If your beer was not cold enough, we gladly would have replaced it if known. Our sashimi dinner is the most popular sushi item on our menu and never receive any complaints we use only the freshest fish. I do apologize that you were charged for your soup as it does come with the dinner. Please call me if there is anything I can do .

Mgmt.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Went with my 5 yr old who like many kids today likes his ipad. As I wanted to eat a meal and have a relaxing moment we went here. I asked if we can use the ipad. Not one patron in the outside area and they said no. Who the heck turns away business to a family if know one is outside? Only an idiot who never wants my money or anyone I know. We walked out. Shame on you sir at the door.

2  Thank Golfermom28
TurtleTracker, General Manager at Kaiyo Grill & Sushi, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

I am sorry for the misinterpretation, we are a family restaurant and many children walk through our doors everyday. We do ask that our patrons be courteous and respectful to others who are dining.

Mgmt

Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

First of all, not $$. It's more on the expensive place. Having said that...it's worth it. Kids menu (once we got one) was routine and normal kids fare. Turned they were the biggest chicken fingers and rice off a kids menu. Appetizers were inventive and varied for many tastes. The fried pork dumplings were delicious, as was the peanut sauce. Sushi, "tuna squared," was spicy and flavorful without being overdone. Highly recommend.