Review Highlights
New divers, great history lesson about everything diving related

From WI...doing our open water dives in the Keys this December, stopped in at the HIstory of Diving... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
StevenWisconsin
Very interesting

This museum is a must see. They have a very large collection and some parts are interactive. They... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

from $38.64
from $123.65
from $35.00
More Info
All reviews rainy day amazing collection scavenger hunt interactive displays non divers on display self guided tour gift shop all ages well worth the visit great stop few hours worth a stop key west helmets information technology
Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

Great place with lots of history on diving. Great for professional divers as well as the average aficionado. Gift shop has a lot of neat items for sale.

Date of experience: September 2018
Emily K, Public Relations Manager at History of Diving Museum, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

Thanks for the great review! We try to have unique and fun items for sale Museum Store.

Reviewed September 2, 2018

We stopped by here one day and took the tour. It was nice. My wife and I both enjoyed it. I didn't take a long time and got to see a lot of stuff for diving.

Date of experience: August 2018
Emily K, Public Relations Manager at History of Diving Museum, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2018

Thank you for stopping by the Museum and visiting us. It's amazing to see how much history is placed in 3,000 sq feet!

Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

We didn't expect much but found this museum very interesting and fun. It was well worth the $12 admission. The exhibits were extensive and well-planned. It was a very enjoyable way to beat the FL heat!

Date of experience: August 2018
Emily K, Public Relations Manager at History of Diving Museum, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2018

The Museum is a great reprieve from the Florida heat! We are glad you enjoyed visiting the Museum and thank you for the kind review!

Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

A small place but has a lot of underwater diver's original suits and good stuff if you're interested in history of diving gears and books, gifts. Good for children and adults.

Date of experience: August 2018
Emily K, Public Relations Manager at History of Diving Museum, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2018

We are glad you enjoyed the diving history! It's kind of amazing how much history we can fit in 3,000 sq feet!

Reviewed August 23, 2018

I attended on July 21 when Dr. Sally Bauer gave an interesting talk on the history of women in diving. Very informative, not dry or boring. Dr. Bauer has a great sense of humor. I then toured the exhibits for the first time since I've been living here ( twenty-five years). The museum was built some years later. As a former avid scuba diver I was very impressed with the displays and time-line that presented the history of diving. I neither rushed nor lingered as I went thru this incredible display. It was about one hour. I gleefully kept thinking to myself that "this is in my own back yard". "Why haven't I come here before?".

It's air conditioned and easy to stop and read the vast information in each display. At one point I took a short bathroom break and came back to where I left off.

The staff are friendly and accommodating. I signed up as a member and will definitely return for more talks and events. Still asking myself, "Why did it take me so long to come here?" Also, I only give four stars for any comments I make on any place since I think there is always room for improvement.

Date of experience: July 2018

Thank you for leaving us this great review! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed PADI Women Dive Day and took advantage of your member-for-a-day pass. We hope you come back and visit us again soon!