“Cool place to see”

History of Diving Museum
Ranked #3 of 63 things to do in Islamorada
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Museum is dedicated to collecting, preserving, displaying, and interpreting artifacts, antiques, books, documents, photographs, and oral history relative to the History of Diving. We tell the international story of man's attempts to explore, understand, and venture under the sea. We also celebrate the special role that South Florida and the Florida Keys played in this story. The Florida Keys History of Diving Museum is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit educational institution focused on the Story of Man's Quest to Explore Under the Sea. The majority of the Museum's artifacts have been provided through the generous support of its founders, Drs. Joe and Sally Bauer, who hold one of the largest collection of historic diving equipment and research documents in the world.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

What a cool place to see. EVERYONE needs to check this joint out. My pa never gets excited. He did over here. We are comming back it is sick

Reviewed September 10, 2013

This museum collection is extensive and impressive! My husband and I (both divers) and my school-aged daughters (non divers) were all engaged for an hour or more. We thought it was pricey for an hour activity, but glad we did it once. Check the local tourist mag for coupons.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

There is so much information in this museum, it is incredible. Give yourself plenty of time when you visit, so you can leisurely see it all. We really enjoyed our visit and hope to stop back again!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We visited the museum right after our kids got scuba certified. Now we can all appreciate the history of diving. Much to see.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We were looking for something to do during an afternoon rain shower and remembered passing this place. The price was a little high but I thought, hey your on vacation and we went in. By the way this is a non-profit museum. What a SHOCK!! This place is impressive. The helmut collection alone is worth seeing. I was with wife and 2 teens and everyone had a great time. I would say anyone under about 10-11 who is not a water junkie most likely won't get much out of the visit (only reason I didn't give 5 star). It took about 45 mins to an hour to walk through and look over the displays. You could make it 2 hours if you are a diehard scuba diver and read all the info and play with the displays. Even if the weather is good I would recommend this a a stop on your trip.