“Favorite Restaurant in the Keys”
Review of Bentley's - CLOSED

Bentley's
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Favorite Restaurant in the Keys”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We have been here twice about 6 years apart. The food is always great, service is very personable and their recommendations are always spot on. Their menu is diverse... Local favorites as well as "out of the box" creations are here too. I've also found they will work with you to accommodate and create combinations for you. They don't know "no".

In general I think Northerners, of which we are, have different expectations of service. Florida in general and the Keys in particular are far more laid back. Service is generally slower, yet seems to be more personable. I read many of the reviews for Bentley's complaining about the service... They are dead wrong. People need to relax and adopt the laid back atmosphere and enjoy. You're in the Keys... Love it or go back home...

• Visited June 2012

Kentucky
“Drive On By”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We recently had dinner at Bentley's. The service was fair and the food was good, at least what was received. I ordered surf and turf. My prime rib arrived cold and was sent back. My fish and potato were returned and average at best. The manager finally came to the table to tell me the prime rib would be out in just a few minutes. As I had finished dinner, I told him I no longer wanted it. He just said OK and walked away. There was no apology from him or the server. The turf was removed from the bill which is a good thing. Never been treated like my order was not important. With all the restaurants in the area, just drive on by this one.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank forfuntravel
Clinton Township, Michigan, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Service”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We brought our own fish and they took great care to meet our dietary needs of gluten free. Highly recommended. Awesome staff and manager!

Visited May 2013
Naples, Florida
“Service okay, food not”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Friday night dining late: several large parties so service was not the best and the fish was overcooked. We liked the included Caesar salad and rolls were fresh and warm. However, entrée was a disappointment.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank meadowoodfarmVT
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Get the Oysters”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Went here for the first time but NOT the last - the raw bar drew our attention and didnt disappoint. The raw Oysters were fabulous BUT the Oysters Muscovite ( I never had them this way) were out of this world. IF you like it raw go here - very reasonable prices, attentive staff, great drinks ( try the Florida Rum Runner) - just a dining pleasure.

Visited April 2013