“One of the best meals of my life!”
Review of Braza Lena Brazilian Steakhouse - CLOSED

Braza Lena Brazilian Steakhouse
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mile Marker 83.5
Northborough, MA
“One of the best meals of my life!”
Reviewed February 5, 2009

Although I usually don't think about beef when I'm in the Keys, we gave Braza Lena a shot and WOW! The food was fresh, tasty and plentiful. Did I say plentiful?! Unbelievable. It's not cheap, but it's still a value. Make sure you go hungry- VERY hungry! It was also spotless. I'll definitely be backl!

Irvine, California
“Excellent service and food!”
Reviewed December 17, 2008

After reading the reviews for this restaurant, we decided to try it. The Brazilian barbeque is a unique experience and we loved it! The staff was wonderful and very friendly. The food was excellent and just kept coming. We will definitely be back the next time we are in Islamorada. My only recommendation is that you come hungry. There is a lot of food and you will want to try it all!

Coconut Creek, FL
“Great option in the Keys”
Reviewed December 7, 2008

Went there during Thanksgiving weekend with my wife and daughter. There were only a few tables occupied so there was always someone serving us a different skewer (they follow the traditional churrascaria-style typically found in Brazil).

Variety was good (if you are familiar with some typical Brazilian cuts, ask your waiter if they have it available. You might be lucky. In my case, I asked for chicken heart which is not easily found in the US).

The salad bar was good as well but the recommendation is not to fill your plate with salad (unless you are a vegatarian ;o).

Overall, I highly recommend it especially if you are tired of having seafood in the keys. It is a bit pricey ($41/adult) but well worth it. We were told they are soon opening another restaurant in Key West.

Madison, WI
“Great Brazilian Barbeque”
Reviewed December 3, 2008

On a recent trip (11/12/08-11/14/08 to the Florida Keys we found the Braza Lena restaurant at Whale Harbor on Islamorada.

The churrascaria or Brazilian barbeque is a unique dining experience, especially for diners who love a "mixed grill". The Brazilian barbeque supposedly grew from the way the South American cowboys (gauchos) prepared their evening meal by putting pieces of meat on a steel rod and standing them up around an open fire.

At Braza Lena, the gauchos bring an assortment of meats and fowl to your table and carve slices for you. For beef eaters who love rare steak, a slice of sirloin that is browned on one side and rare on the other is a memorable treat. Another feature is the stop/go indicator that is placed next to each diner. When you want the meats to be brought to your table, show the green side, if you want to take a break, show the red side. Tell the gauchos the cut of meat you like and they will be sure to bring it to you as often and as much as you want.

In addition to all the meats - which were of excellent quality, the Braza Lena features a fabulous salad bar and selection of side dishes to complement the grilled meats.

If you are in the Florida Keys, it is worth a trip to Islamorada to dine at the Braza Lena, the cost is around $55 per person with tax and tip for dinner (no drinks or dessert) but the food and service are worth it.

Athens, Georgia
“All I can say is WOW!”
Reviewed May 16, 2008

My boyfriend and I were staying at a local Bed and Breakfast, and I saw this restaurant along the way. We had skipped our lunch earlier in the day, which I totally recommend before coming to this place! The salad bar is not merely a salad bar, it's a salad extravaganza! Side dishes were wonderful, the staff were very kind, and the price was great (about 42 dollars per person without drink). When we stay in the keys again, we will come to this place happy and hungry!