“Great option in the Keys”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Braza Lena Brazilian Steakhouse - CLOSED

Braza Lena Brazilian Steakhouse
Cuisines: American, Brazilian, Steakhouse, South American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Buffet, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mile Marker 83.5
Coconut Creek, FL
“Great option in the Keys”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2008

Went there during Thanksgiving weekend with my wife and daughter. There were only a few tables occupied so there was always someone serving us a different skewer (they follow the traditional churrascaria-style typically found in Brazil).

Variety was good (if you are familiar with some typical Brazilian cuts, ask your waiter if they have it available. You might be lucky. In my case, I asked for chicken heart which is not easily found in the US).

The salad bar was good as well but the recommendation is not to fill your plate with salad (unless you are a vegatarian ;o).

Overall, I highly recommend it especially if you are tired of having seafood in the keys. It is a bit pricey ($41/adult) but well worth it. We were told they are soon opening another restaurant in Key West.

Madison, WI
“Great Brazilian Barbeque”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2008

On a recent trip (11/12/08-11/14/08 to the Florida Keys we found the Braza Lena restaurant at Whale Harbor on Islamorada.

The churrascaria or Brazilian barbeque is a unique dining experience, especially for diners who love a "mixed grill". The Brazilian barbeque supposedly grew from the way the South American cowboys (gauchos) prepared their evening meal by putting pieces of meat on a steel rod and standing them up around an open fire.

At Braza Lena, the gauchos bring an assortment of meats and fowl to your table and carve slices for you. For beef eaters who love rare steak, a slice of sirloin that is browned on one side and rare on the other is a memorable treat. Another feature is the stop/go indicator that is placed next to each diner. When you want the meats to be brought to your table, show the green side, if you want to take a break, show the red side. Tell the gauchos the cut of meat you like and they will be sure to bring it to you as often and as much as you want.

In addition to all the meats - which were of excellent quality, the Braza Lena features a fabulous salad bar and selection of side dishes to complement the grilled meats.

If you are in the Florida Keys, it is worth a trip to Islamorada to dine at the Braza Lena, the cost is around $55 per person with tax and tip for dinner (no drinks or dessert) but the food and service are worth it.

Athens, Georgia
“All I can say is WOW!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2008

My boyfriend and I were staying at a local Bed and Breakfast, and I saw this restaurant along the way. We had skipped our lunch earlier in the day, which I totally recommend before coming to this place! The salad bar is not merely a salad bar, it's a salad extravaganza! Side dishes were wonderful, the staff were very kind, and the price was great (about 42 dollars per person without drink). When we stay in the keys again, we will come to this place happy and hungry!

Northville
“Better than NYC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2008

My husband is crazy about Brazilian Steakhouses and we have eaten at 6 all over the country. This was the best. The service was first rate, the salad bar offered too many excellent selections and the meats were fabulous. The fire grilling makes all the difference. The Manhattan Plataforma could take a lesson. Highly recommend - but come hungry. A nice break from all of the great fish in the Keys.

1 Thank cjlifecycle
New Orleans
“Great Find for Red Meat in the Keys”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2007

Just ate at Braza Lena last night and was quite impressed. We were somewhat suspicious of a "Brazilian Steakhouse" in the middle of the keys and wondered if it could really be good. I must begin with the fact that I truly enjoy this dining concept and regularly eat at Brazilian Steakhouses throughout the country. This one ranks as one of the better ones that I have visited. The meats were all well seasoned and the variety was quite good. The salad bar (something that I would recommend that you not spend too much time at, as the real treat here is the meat service) was good and all of the items appeared to be quite fresh. I tried the beef carpaccio and the squid salad and both were good. My wife had some of the soup (carrot and chicken) and it was also quite good. The service was very good and the gauchos did a very good job of coming regularly and finding the meat cooked as we liked (rare). All in all if you are a steak/meat fan you will enjoy this restaurant. It is quite a find in such a remote location. The dining and bar area are done very tastefully and you don't realize that you are eating in the same building as a mass produced seafood buffet. The bottom line here is that they did a very good job creating a truly authentic churrascaria in the middle of the keys. Both my wife and I agreed that we would return on our next trip to the keys! I'm confident that you will enjoy your meal at Braza Lena.

2 Thank MooneyPilot