“Good Fun”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mile Marker 83.5
Reviewed May 26, 2013

My family had a great time at this restaurant. The salad bar had many great choices. The beef rib was out of this world. The filet was good; filet with bacon was too salty. Lamb chops were also good. Most of the other meats were average. We saw shrimp listed as one of the meats, though we never saw any when the gauchos passed. We had to request them. They were tasty if not also a bit salty.

Our only complaint was the waiter's explanation of how all parties are charged a standard gratuity and how the money is shared with the gauchos and bar staff, as if the waiter might not be able to feed his family if we did not feel compelled to increase the tip. Tacky.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

We tried this place because we took a quick peek while eating at the seafood buffet down the way. The price is $41.95 for all you can eat from the buffet plus the served meat. The meal started by our server trying to upsell us on sparking water. When we asked for just regular water, he said "tap water?" like it was going to kill us. I appreciate a good upsell, but geez, lay off the smooze. The buffet was good. Smoked salmon and yummy asparagus. Lots of good choices. The meat that was served by gauchos - some was good, some was only okay. The chicken and pork were pretty dry. But the lamb chop and house specialty were really tasty. As the meal went on, I think our server forgot about us. I am a water drinker, and I drank my water and my boyfriends water completely and still no refill. Finally, when he came back around, he explained the gratuity breakdown and told us not to forget about him. Sorry buddy - i would have given you more if you would have deserved it. But it seemed like my water needed to come from a bottle in order to get refilled. We will not be returning.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

My family and I eat here frequently, and it is always a great time. The servers and gauchos are very attentive, and make us feel welcomed and valued. The "salad" bar is always fresh and delicious and has so much more than a regular salad bar--caprese, smoked salmon, black beans with sausage... something for everyone. The meats they slice for you table-side are full of flavor, and you can request temperatures on the beef and lamb cuts.
Note: If you aren't hungry enough for the all-you-can-eat options, they have an a la carte menu; the filet, strip, and ribs are cooked on the open flames just like the rest of the meats, and the grouper is awesome.
If you have room after all that, the desserts are just as good as the rest of the meal. As locals, we tend to be picky about key lime pie, and theirs is really good. Our son's favorite is the chocolate lava cake, and my wife's is the passion fruit creme with a Cassis liqueur floater.
All-in-all, one of the best restaurants in the keys.

1  Thank Togo1996
Reviewed May 21, 2013

this was our first time at this restaurant

can't say enough about the experience

we were so full it was painful to drive home

"David" was great

Reviewed May 20, 2013

The appetizer/salad/soup bar was better that our steaks. Waiter was deceptive. Didn't advise us that wife could have ordered a smaller steak off menu. If you're from north Jersey don't bother eating here. You will be disappointed. Nothing compared to Newark Brazilian places.

jmendelson, Public Relations Manager at Braza Lena Brazilian Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Sir,
There is nothing deceptive about about the waiter giving information at the table. Since our meats are served Rodizio-style, we actually would have made more profit by serving your wife a single steak as oppossed to an entire selection at her leisure. But I guess in N. Jersey, you don't have that there. Gotta love those Jersey sit-coms... ;)