“This place is fantastic!”
Review of OO-TRAY

OO-TRAY
Ranked #28 of 92 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A fun Energetic eatery were great cocktails, good wine, and craft beers are plentiful. Dishes are composed by Chef David Matlock where fun and electric meet to create simply delicious dishes. We have outside and inside dining, MUSIC 7 NIGHTS A WEEK!! Daily happy hours, late night happy hours and much more..
Tavernier, Florida, United States
“This place is fantastic!”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We usually stay away from new restaurants for a couple of months to let them get the kinks worked out. Last night my wife and I went to OO-Tray to celebrate Mothers Day (we let the Sunday crowds die down and go on Monday). What a wonderful meal we had. Started out with a cuban cigar appetizer which is basically a meat paste inside of collard green leaf. Delicious. My wife had Angles Envy on the rocks and I opted for the Knob Creek. Then our main course - she had an arugula salad with goat cheese (eternal dieter) and I had the bone in pork with bacon jelly and mofongo. We also shared the mozzarella salad. Taste and presentation were truly spectacular. After meal we shared a pecan pie bread pudding and 4 roses on the rocks. The desert was delightful.

The other wonderful part of our meal was the excellent service provided by Stephanie. She was such a joy and took the best care of us.

As Keys locals, we have crossed quite a few eateries off of our list but last night we added one to the very top! We will return and more importantly, we will be referring our friends and customers there. Thanks to the staff and hats off to the chef for a perfect experience.

1 Thank Scott B

“Glad we tried this place....”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

This was our first time dining at OO-TRAY. We sat at the outside bar and had the Polenta Fritters and a glass of wine. I would go back again just for those, they were delicious! We went inside for dinner and we really liked the atmosphere. I had the blue plate special which was Salisbury Steak with carrots & fingerling potatoes. I thought it was pretty good, but my husband didn't care for it. He had the ribs off the appetizer menu and they were excellent. The portion size was large for an appetizer. The reason for the 4 stars was the Tiramisu. The lady fingers were hard & stale to the point where I couldn't cut it with a knife. The waitress tried to cut it as well, and couldn't. She did take it off our bill. Just couldn't believe they would put something out like that. Looking forward to going back.

nyc
“Something different compared to most Keys resturants”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

i've been regularly visiting the keys for the past dozen years, primarily for fishing trips. Last week i was part of a seven-man group in town for several days of fishing, and I suggested OO-Tray for dinner on our first night. i had been in the area less than a month ago to visit family, and we had a very good experience at OO-Tray, so i felt it wasn't a complete shot in the dark.

we ate outside in their very comfortable outdoor seating area, and the collective experience was outstanding. for appetizers, we ordered double portions of the cuban cigar, the ribs, and the foie gras, and not a crumb was left. the fish special of the day was grouper cheeks, which several people, including myself ordered. they were perfectly prepared, moist and very flavorful. i do not recall the details of the other entrees, but everyone was very pleased with their meals.

for after dinner, several of us sampled from their extensive bourbon list (one member of our group professed expertise in this area, and guided our selections), and it was an excellent conclusion to a very first class meal. I would recommend oo-tray to anyone, and look forward to another visit on my next fishing trip to the Keys.

2 Thank robertr496
“Top 3 Of The Keys”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Late night getting settled in Islamorada. Toss luggage in room. Call friends to meet. What-the-what? New place, haven't been yet? Let's go!

oo-tray says simply •whisky •gastronomy on the sign, didn't know what to expect. It's where Uncles used to be. The menu is a little odd, but hey, I know how to read and I'm not afraid to ask a question or two? Server was Lindsey (possibly Lindsay) and she was pretty awesome. Charlie at the bar was awesome. Both had great recommendations.

I went with what I know. Steak. Flat iron steak. The tastiest dang steak I have ever had in my 41 years on Earth. Period. Ever. Seriously.

It was cooked perfectly. Sides were delicious. The atmosphere is truly the Keys. We sat outside, the music was low enough to talk, but fun. The owners made the rounds. Everyone was smiling and enjoying themselves.

If you love, really love insanely good food, oo-tray is a must on your visit to Islamorada. I know one reviewer said it was expensive. Hello? Everything in the Keys is expensive, but oo-tray didn't break the bank. Very reasonable and not even close to the prices I have paid for a steak that wasn't 1/10th as good elsewhere.

Go here. Eat here. Rinse, repeat. You cannot go wrong with this place. Going to go again soon. And I will keep making plans to go for every visit.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank travelxphoto
Miami, Florida
“Great New Restaurant”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We travel to the Keys regularly and OO-TRAY is definitely one of our new favorite restaurants. The service was excellent and the creative menu items were absolutely fantastic. Even our kids loved their meals (my 8 year old asked midway through his meal whether we could order him another steak). I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited April 2014