“Our dream island wedding was great!”

Coconut Cove Resort and Marina
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Alex and Wanda - we had our dream wedding at Coconut Cove, thank you Paul,Magda,and Lori for making our special day happen with no flaws and perfect.The pool is really nice, the honeymoon suite is nice, love the huge bathroom fit for a queen! We had a great time there and enjoyed our destination wedding at Coconut Cove!

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank wroldan1
There are newer reviews for Coconut Cove Resort and Marina

Reviewed October 14, 2011

My husband and I were married at this beautiful resort in September 2011. I would recommend Coconut Cove to anyone! After all the phone calls back and forth to Paul, I could not wait to get down there and see if the resort was everything he made it out to be. It was even better! This place is truly paradise! Paul and Magda are great at running their business and giving the most memorable weddings. Everything I wanted, they did! We had 30 guests total and I havent heard a negative comment from any of them. The food for the reception and the wedding were exceptional! The pool is so nice and relaxing, very clean, great for all ages as it has the shallow and deep ends. My step son loved helping Magda feed the fish and the birds in the mornings :)

The only suggestion I can give to Coconut Cove is that a vending machine would definitely come in handy!! We drove 22 hours down there and were exhausted and just ready to relax… upon entering CC there was nothing to eat or drink. Magda did give us some soda but we still had to unload the car then make a trip back up the road to go to the grocery store. If you are staying more than 2 nights I would also suggest getting one of the cottages so that you will have the convenience of a full kitchen and refridgerater.

If you want an unforgetable, stress-free, destination wedding, I would higly recommend booking this place! You will not be disappointed! Paul will make all of your dreams come true!! My husband and I can't wait to go back and it hasn’t even been a month since we've left! Thank you again to Paul, Magda, and the entire staff for everything! We'll be back to see you!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Missy P
Coconutcove85, Guest Relations Manager at Coconut Cove Resort and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2011

Dear Missy,
It was a truly pleasure being part of your magical day. Thank you for honoring us with your amazing wedding, family and friends.
Thank you for your suggestion a vending machine is already in order.
We can't wait to see you again!
Best Wishes
Paul, Magda & Staff

Reviewed October 13, 2011

I've stayed at this resort many times over the past several years and consider it my home away from home. It is easy to find and has everything you need within a few miles. Bring some groceries and a boat and you won't have to leave. The quite and peaceful resort setting has picture perfect sunrise views, tropical plants, pool with waterfall, marina with ramp for smaller boats around 22' or less.

Room Tip: The Captain's Quarters are unique cottages that have full fridge, mini stove, and microwave.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Dear Magda and Paul, Thank you for making Rachel and Ben's wedding so special. The location is wonderful and the effort and thought that went into making everything perfect for them was truly fantastic. In particular, I have to say that Magda is really gifted with flowers and decor and that everyone at the resort worked really hard to ensure that everyone had a good time. If you want a family wedding that is both relaxed (we got to run the tiki bar all week, which is just as well as the Janke's party hard!) and also very thoughtfully managed then this is the ideal resort. I think some of the negative comments must have been from people expecting an all inclusive style deal but if you are active and like to manage your own time (there is a lot to do on Islamorada and nearby) and can accept that the Keys has a very relaxed pace of life then you will definitely have a good time :) PS Magda say hi to the guinea piggies from me x

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2011

It makes me mad to read the nasty reviews left by some - if you are expecting a Hilton, then by gosh STAY at a Hilton (there are plenty of generic box hotels in the Keys). This is a true Keys experience - a spectacular beach area and the lagoon pool is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen. Their number one priority is the private wedding and if you do NOT want to be "inconvienienced" by a wedding, then ASK first! Also, the cabins are wonderful (granted, again this is a KEYS experience, not the Westin), private and so incredibly relaxing. It is widely known BRING YOUR OWN FOOD or plan on eating out. If you don't know what to expect, leave your mind open OR check into a 'box' hotel where you know what to expect (sound proof rooms, standard breakfasts, generic pool area). If you really want to know the Keys and the comfort of a family run business, then Coconut Cove is the place for you. Bring the focus of peace, lazy days and tranquil nights....NOT 'where are the elevators, generic breakfast buffet, video games and sterile rooms". This is our second home and we will return every year (my husband and I) and I go twice a year with the 'girls' for long weekends. If you leave a snarkey review, it just proves you have not done your homework, have not researched what a true Keys destination is. And if it was SO bad when you first checked in, I don't recall seeing anyone being held there by gunpoint - so go down the street in either direction and find your generic box hotel - which is sure to please you negative neanderthals. For those who LOVE the Keys and understand the Keys - stay at Coconut Cove, it is heaven and the couple who run it are the resident angels. Choose a cooler time of year if you are not into heat (this IS South Florida) like November through May. Bring your own booze, an open and Zen mind and some books for you and your kids (thought this is really and ADULT place to stay). I am a born here resident of South Florida and this is as good as it gets in the Keys IF you adjust your thinking (like with all of life).

Room Tip: We prefer the private cabins with full kitchens - park in front of your own room, bring your own foo...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Barbara P
Reviewed October 4, 2011

I was in Islamorada, Florida last week for a friends wedding & she had it at the Coconut Cove Resort & Marina. Beautiful place, excellent service, and great scenic view. The only problem with the place is that there is limited room availability. There aren't very many rooms to begin with, most of the other rooms, the beds were uncomfortable...it may be difficult to fit large parties there. Other than that, the place was superb!!! Highly recommend for anyone who wants to have a destination wedding in Florida! It's PERFECT!

Room Tip: The bridal suite had the most amazing & comfortable bed
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 19, 2011

First I want to start with the good points. Magda (0wner) was very quick to respond to our requests and tried to remedy the issues we had at this resort. Some were taken care of but some were impossible to fix on short notice. Our room was extremely small and crowded with an oversized dresser who's drawers fell out when they were opened. We also found a cockroach in one of the drawers. The room was sprayed the following morning. We had no closet and while the bathroom had been nicely remodeled, it had absolutely no storage or even a mirror that was usable. They'd put in pedestal sinks that were lovely but gave you no place to put anything. Another thing we weren't told was that if a wedding was taking place during our stay, the pool and the beach front area wouldn't be open for mainstream guests. We came home late one afternoon after spending a hot but fun day on the water and exploring the Keys to find the pool would be closing a half hour later...5:45. We were looking forward to spending the rest of the evening in the pool unwinding. I've since spoken to Magda and she listened to my concerns and complaints and has taken some action to improve the room we were in. I should have asked for another room but didn't realize the other one bedroom suites would be different from ours. We did see another room on our last day and it was bigger with more compact furnishings and had a nice closet. It also didn't have any bathroom storage. I suggested to her that she find a solution to that issue especially. I also suggested she and her husband pack a bag and spend several nights in the room which we were given. I wasn't being snide but felt that by doing that they would understand how a traveler would feel staying a week in room #19. We did see a wedding taking place and it looked to be done extremely well and the food smelled delicious. I'm not sure how feasible it is to open their resort to weddings as well as individuals. Is it really fair to charge me the same room rate as they charge a guest at the wedding and then I'm not able to use all the facilities? Another thing I'd recommend someone staying there is to ask for help with your luggage upon checking in. We hauled our luggage up 2 1/2 flights of stairs. Ask a lot of questions before committing to reserving a room here and especially find out if they've booked a wedding at any point during your stay. I feel bad making these remarks and I know Magda and Paul try hard to make everyone's stay at their resort wonderful. Sadly, ours was not from the start to the end. I think it's only fair to be honest on all counts.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank WisconsinKalena
Coconutcove85, Owner at Coconut Cove Resort and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded February 29, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for expressing your concerns regarding your past stay with us. We know you have numerous options to select from and we appreciate you choosing us for your travel needs. We would like to apologize for the several inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us and thank you for your valuable suggestions regarding items in need of attention. We have already been working in additional storage in the bathroom, as well as installing a bigger mirror in the room. We are always working constantly to improve our resort and the overall experience of our guests. We hope that you will come back and stay with us soon as our special guest.