“Fun Casual Spot on the Water”
Review of Island Grill

Island Grill
Ranked #16 of 93 Restaurants in Islamorada
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Scenic view, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Fun Casual Spot on the Water”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Had a large party with a reservation, they were ready and took great care of us, great hand made margaritas, fish tacos and tuna nachos, everything was fresh and delicious.

1 Thank Shawn91
IslandGrillGM, General Manager at Island Grill, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
We appreciate your review of Island Grill. We are glad we were able to accommodate you and your party. We pride ourselves on taking great care of every guest whether it be a single person enjoying lunch here alone or a party of 30 walking in without a reservation. Every customer is just as important as the next.

Key West, Florida, United States
“Fried Clam Strip PoBoy”
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I made a pit stop after a dr appointment at Mariners Hospital. The atmosphere about four in the afternoon was quiet and relaxing. I saw the specials as I walked in. The clam PoBoy stuck right out.We sat down at the bar. I ordered a tea. The home brewed ice tea was passion fruit as I found out later before we left.I looked at the menu it was pretty simple selection. I saw a a couple that caught my eye. One such item was Thai beef egg rolls.My partner order a big tom salad. It was their version of a Cobb salad. I ordered the PoBoy. When it was placed in front of me there was a boat load of fries, a cup of what I thought was very good tarter sauce and the PoBoy. The strips were about as thick my pinky. I was surprised with the first bite there were no dirty oil taste and I could finish the whole sandwich with out feeling queazy. Which by the way I scarfed it down. I have had plenty of clam strips down the east coast this is by far the best I have had. Great food! Definitely going back for second round.

Thank you for your fantastic review of Island Grill. We are glad you and your partner enjoyed your meals here. With our deep roots with Key West please say hi to Frank on your next visit to Island Grill. We hope to see you soon in the near future.
Santa Clara, California
“Tuna Nachos are da bomb!”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

So we had been driving by their sign advertising the tuna nachos. It sounds totally disgusting. Then we ended up stopping by for hog fish. Only they didn't have hog fish....so the bartender talked us into the nachos. The 'nachos' are fried won ton and the topping are seaweed salad and an amazing sauce. There was ample ahi tuna enough for two, but was so good I wish I ordered one for myself. The 5 stars are for the nachos. Otherwise this is your basic Key grill with open air dining and view of small canal and partial view of the ocean.

• Visited April 2014
IslandGrillGM, General Manager at Island Grill, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to review Island Grill. Only with continued feedback from our customers can we continue to provide you with the best service, food and atmosphere at the best price.
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Lovely view from the restaurant with very average food”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Food was very average. Chicken covered in sticky overly sweet chilli sauce was edible but not great.

Service wasn't great considering the restaurant wasn't full. Waited a long time to reorder water and drinks.

The setting is lovely as you overlook the water when dining but to be honest that isn't enough to make us want to return. There are better places in the Keys!

Visited April 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to review Island Grill Your review was very vague. I've contacted you directly and I am waiting for a return email. Everyone raves about our service. I would like to have some additional information to correct the issue. Also realize that Sweet Thai Chili Sauce is naturally sticky. And like any other food it might not be something you like which doesn't make it not edible it you aren't accustomed to the taste. Especially since the recipe we use is an award winning international recipe. Glad you enjoyed the view. I welcome you back for two complimentary entrees on your next visit. You name what you would like and Im sure it will be cooked beyond your expectations or previous experience.
“Excellent view, great breakfast!”
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

We had breakfast here twice while visiting the keys. It was great food, good value, with great view and breezes!

• Visited April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review Island Grill. Please take the time to enjoy lunch and dinner with us on your next visit.