“Excellent food!”

Island Grill
Ranked #23 of 94 Restaurants in Islamorada
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Due to significant damage from Hurricane Irma, we have temporarily relocated to the former Bumby's/Bentley's building at 82779 Overseas Hwy!
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Went to several other highly rated TripAdvisor picks in the Keys, but this was a hidden gem. The smoked fish spread was exactly the way I liked it with that nice smokey taste that I had not found in other seafood places in the Keys. Not a big fried fish lover, but I decided to try the today's special coconut fried yellowtail sandwich (not on the regular menu). I was not disappointed! It came with a special chipotle sauce and it was a great combination with the sandwich. The restaurant is located next to the water, so you can watch the boats and wildlife from your table if you're seated next to the window. They also have open air dining, which was perfect in October.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,788)

Reviewed October 18, 2012

This place is amazing. The tuna nachos were so good, we came back a second time during our stay. My husband got the crab cakes and he thought the were one of the best he ever had. The ribs fall right off the bone they were sooooo tender. I got the whole fried snapper the second time we were there and thought it was delicious. Can't believe there are so many options and everything was so good. Not only was the food amazing but the service was so wonderful. Highly recommend

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We have been dining at the Island Grill for years. I never considered writing a review, because I figured everyone knows how wonderful the food and service is. But after a trip to another favorite restaurant in Islamorada turned out not so good, it reminded me that Island Grill has be consistenly wonderful for years. We have never had a bad meal there. Be sure to ask for Chris, she'll take great care of you and make you feel like old friends.

Of course, the tuna nachos are unbelievable. But, you might find yourself going back for the shrimp and grits, the mussels, the burgers or salads. The fish dip is fantastic!!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

This is a wonderful restaurant right on the side of highway 1. My wife and I stopped here for lunch on our drive down to Key West and were not disappointed. It is not a fancy place, but it is located right on the water. I watched fish swim by as I had my lunch. I had the tuna nachos and it was one of the best things I ate all week. I would highly recommend them if you ever dine here. Overall, we had a good experiance and would definantly dine here again.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Food and atmosphere! Fantastic Keys location with beautiful scenery! We stopped on our way out of the Keys. Food was fantastic and the view was gorgeous!