WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Conch on Inn Motel

Conch on Inn Motel
Ranked #3 of 11 Islamorada B&B and Inns
Port Richey, Florida
“You get what you pay for”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed from 7/12 thru 7/19 paid for five nights sixth one was free. I was quoted one rate and received a different one on the weekend days. Ok I get it. Rooms were poor at best my daughter's room leaked and flooded the bathroom twice. I would think we would have received some kind of discount but none was offered. The only thing that was said it's that" oh my her bathroom flooded". Friendly owners, good location, ok view if you like boats at the dock ( is a canal not a sunset view of the gulf). Beds were pretty bad, and the bathroom had a hole in the wall that was home to a family of palmetto bugs, which my wife saw on our last night there. I don't think we will be back good luck to Cindy and Mike you have your work cut out for you.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank chefgreg63

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

My husband and I along with our 4 small dogs spent 4 nights at the Conch on Inn and I want to say it was just lovely. The property is beautiful and the owners, Cindy and Mike bend over backwards to make your stay perfect. We often travel with pets but this is the most pet friendly place I have ever stayed. Cindy even offered to let the dogs out for us so we we could stay out longer. Did I also mention there was no additional charge for bringing the dogs? Even the KOA charges for pets! LOL. If you are looking for a place to stay in this area that is friendly, clean and affordable, the Conch On Inn is perfect for you and if you travel with pets, you definitely won't regret staying with Cindy and Mike.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mary_OKeefe
Loxahatchee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

My fiance and I went to a avent called," Boat and Float"in Islamorada recently and reserved a room at the Conch on Inn. We found the Owners Mike and Cindy Sawdey to be very warm and friendly, and didnt even have problem with our dog, in fact they even let her out to play with her dogs while we went to the event! The rooms were very comfortable and seems all the folks that were staying there were happy to be there! Five stars Mike and Cindy, SeeYa Soon! Ed& Mo

Room Tip: Rooms one thru four are near the water!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

Welcome home is what you hear when you come back to your room after a hot fun day in the sun. Cindy made us feel welcome (and said as much) from the moment we walked up to the window. No this is not a Holiday Inn...thank goodness. That is not the experience we were looking for. Entering our room was like going to my sister's. She lives in an old house where there are still metal medicine cabinets and porcelain tubs. The room was so much cleaner though. I even walked barefoot, which I never do in hotels. Our bed was comfortable and the spread was fresh smelling. They are washed between every guest, unlike Quality Inn (my fav go-to place) which washes every 2 weeks. We didn't bring our dog, but if we had, Cindy doggie sits while you explore the keys. They have a few dogs that share their little yard and favorite TV spot. I really can't say that I will ever look for another place to stay when visiting the Keys... I found my home there :-)

Room Tip: There is 1 room with a fabulous walk in tile shower. Ask which it is.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Canton, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

This is long over due. I went with two friends on a fishing trip in the keys and found this little jewel to stay at. Let me just start with this...when was the last time you stayed at a Hotel/Motel that you were told "Welcome Home" every time you entered the property? You do feel right at home when you finally get unpacked and relax. The view down the canal from the Hotel is wonderful. The room we had was big enough for the 3 of us and the staff was polite enough to put up with us.

We had the pleasure of meeting the owners, Mike & Cindy, who immediately made us feel like family. We were even scolded for not checking in with Cindy when we were out late on the water. Made us laugh. Overall, the best place for your money if you can book it quick enough.

Mike & Cindy, thank you for a wonderful experience for my first fishing trip to the Keys. We had a great time. Look forward to getting back there.

Paul S

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
      Location
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

As I prepare to write this review, my only regret is that no matter what I write there would be no way for me to truly convey every remarkable aspect of this establishment! To give you an idea of my experience, I’ve been visiting Islamorada at least twice a year for the last 28 years. My boyfriend, our 100 lb black lab, and I checked in on Friday July 4th for a weekend of relaxation and fishing. I went up to the check in window to get us squared away and was greeted by one of the owners, Cindy. Cindy started to get me checked in, but as soon as she found out the dog was in the car with my boyfriend she handed me a key and said don’t worry about it, get settled and come back later. I picked up the rest of my crew and off to the room we went, the whole time me telling them how great my initial experience was. As soon as I opened the door I could smell how clean the room was. Upon further inspection it was clean, neat, and inviting. After we got all situated we decided to bring the dog to the courtyard, which has a friendly atmosphere where guests congregate with locals to share stories of their adventures on the island. Cindy came out to meet him and you would have thought it was HER dog!! The best way for me to explain this is that there are hotels that advertise "pets allowed" or "pet friendly", and then there is the Conch On Inn Motel! There were at least 9 dogs total the weekend we were there, and I mention this because it wasn’t total animal chaos like one would expect. It was a relaxing and enjoyable atmosphere for both pets and humans. As we spent the weekend roaming the islands and fishing we never had to worry about a thing, because we truly felt like we were staying with family. This incredible customer service extends throughout the motel. I would be amiss if I did not mention that after coming back from fishing one day we found our extremely content dog laying in our spotless room on his perfectly laid out blanket while watching animal planet. When I saw Helen, who is a housekeeping goddess/fantastic lady, she told us that after she cleaned the room she made sure he was comfortable before she left and put the TV on for him. I could go on and on about all the wonderful experiences we had at this motel in just 3 days, but if you’ve read this far I think you get the point. To sum it up, this rustic island hotel is run by the most friendly, hospitable, clean freak, pet enthusiasts…and I can’t wait to go back!

Travelers notes:
Since everyone is different, here are just a couple high level comments.
1. If you are a fancy person who needs lots of closet space, giant bathroom vanities, is more concerned about what’s in the room than the adventures that await outside, or love chain hotels, this place probably isn’t for you.
2. If you are ever fortunate enough to stay here and enjoy the incredible hospitality of Cindy and Mike, please treat them with the same kindness and respect that they treat everyone they come in contact with, guest or not, and don’t take advantage of their generosity. Trust me, this comment will make much more sense after your stay : )

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Teresa J
Moorhead, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

We stayed at this motel for one quick night as a filler between reservations and destinations. I am so glad I had not booked this motel for our entire stay in the Keys, as I would have been sorely disappointed. During two different calls/conversations with Cindy, she was a little abrupt, probably in a hurry, but I felt like I was bothering her with my question and by calling to say we would be there later than 6pm, which it tells you to do in the directions when you book. Our room had a queen bed, and it was very small. We would not have been able to fit all of our suitcases if we had brought them all in. There was no closet or suitcase holder to put anything on. There was a fridge in the room, no telephone and no lock on the bathroom door. The room was very clean. The bed was horribly hard, and the pillows small and flat. Between that, and the noise from the road it was a very sleepless night. The bathroom was also incredibly small/narrow and appeared to possibly be in the middle of a remodel? There were 3 or 4 different kinds of paint on the wall, one wall just sheet rock and one crumbling and falling apart. One of the property lights shined so brightly in through the bathroom window it fully lit the room at night...had to sleep with the door closed. If the bed was better, I would stay here again for a quick stopover, but nothing more than 1 night.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Islamorada
Amara Cay Resort
Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina at Holiday Isle
Pelican Cove
Pelican Cove
#5 of 19 in Islamorada

Been to Conch on Inn Motel? Share your experiences!