“Amazing few days - thank you”
Review of Conch on Inn Motel

Conch on Inn Motel
Ranked #3 of 11 Islamorada B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 8, 2014

had a fantastic three nights' stay at the Conch Inn with the owners Cindy and Mike. I was made to feel welcome from the moment I arrived and it was like that for the entire time. The location on the creek is marvellous (loved the manatees spotted out in the water) and I enjoyed spending time on the terrace with the owners' four dogs. The motel is a work in progress as the owners only have been there a year but the terrace is lovely and my room was clean and comfortable with a shower, fridge & tv. It might not be to everyone's taste - those expecting five star accomodation - but I would rather stay here than any of the generic, expensive resorts that abound in the area. I wouldn't hesitate to return to the Conch Inn, in fact I can't wait to start planning my next visit to the Keys - I just hope there will be room at the Inn for me!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank suzyuk111

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Our stay at Conch On Inn was very laid back and relaxing. The owners were very friendly and accommodating. Excellent guest services. You really did feel as though you were with family at your second home in the keys. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and look forward to my next trip to the keys. Thank you Conch on Inn.... Chris D.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank LowKey123
Reviewed May 27, 2014

New owners are very friendly had a great time plenty of room for your dog to roam and BBQ pits in almost every corner. Plus everywhere I looked had a 25$ pet fee and at the conch on inn Cindy offers no extra charge. Thank you very much for a great stay.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We just stayed for a week at the Conch On Inn in Tavernier, FL, around Mile Marker 89. It reminded me of the places my family stayed as a kid when we went on vacation (I am a 3rd generation Key West girl). This isn't the Marriott - you aren't just a number. The Conch On Inn feels like home - you can grill or have cocktails on the patio and make new friends. The new owners, Cindy and Mike, made us feel so welcome. They live on site so anything you need, just ask. The room was clean, we felt very safe and we were about halfway between Key Largo and Islamorada so the location was perfect. Fishing, boating and restaurants are close by. If you want to relax in old Florida style, you will love the Conch On Inn. The price is right - with so many things to see in the Keys, why pay a high price for a room you are only going to sleep in for a few hours? And an unexpected bonus - manatees swimming in the canal, including a newborn!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank keywestgator
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Hi,
We were in Orlando doing the whole disney thing and came down to the Florida Keys for the one night. Id like to make a few points about this motel.
1) The owners are FANTASTIC. Helped us out with everything we needed. Genuinely a lovely couple, who clearly love their motel and will work tooth and nail to make it perfect.
2) The rooms are basic, but look at the price? As a couple just coming down for the night from Orlando we just wanted somewhere cheap and it fits the bill. Bed was smaller than what we are used too, and the aircon was a little noisy (but definitely required).
3) We are from the UK, so maybe our expectations are a little less than those from the US, I dont know but we were very happy with the Motel for the money we spend.

All in all we loved our trip and we will definitely be re-visting on our next trip to Florida.

1  Thank pas5898
Reviewed May 24, 2014

The very friendly new owners are renovating the place, little by little.
We staid at a partly renovated room (floor and windows done, bath and front door to be done.)
It was fine. The beds were comfortable but on a very high platform.

There is a small cozy patio overlooking a canal with nice boats.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Can't beat the price to stay in the Keys! It's a great location, close to restaurants and activities, and within easy striking distance of Key West. Our room (Rm. 1) was small but clean and served our needs. We contemplated staying at the Hilton on Key Largo but that was easily 2.5x the price per night. Thank you Cindy and Mike for keeping the Keys affordable!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Islamorada
Creekside Inn Islamorada
Drop Anchor Resort
Drop Anchor Resort
#4 of 19 in Islamorada
Smugglers Cove Resort and Marina

Been to Conch on Inn Motel? Share your experiences!