“Great Time in the Keys” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 11 Islamorada B&B and Inns
Eustis, Florida
“Great Time in the Keys”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

I go to the Keys on a regular basis. I usually book down just past Whale Harbor as that is where I like to dive. The rooms were ALL booked where I usually stay. I did a search and the Conch on Inn popped up. I have seen it in the past so I asked my son and he was fine with it. When we got there it was instant hospitality. We were very early (9 a.m.) and were just checking it out. The owner came out and greeted us and said rooms were ready and we could check in right away. They gave us info on launching the boat and moved their boat to let us tie to the dock. You could tell renovations were under way but nothing that got in the way of the vacation. There are three gas grills around the fenced courtyard that we were told to use if needed. The room was comfortable with bed, newer flat T.V. with cable, fridge, microwave and coffee pot. Two guys--we didn't need much. Mike (Pooh) and Cindy were up in the mornings as we were casting off and there when we returned each day. They had dinner late one night and offered all who were outside to some. Breakfast was even available Saturday morning as personal friends were there for the weekend. You became a part of their ever growing family. Will stay again.

Room Tip: 1 - 4 are in the courtyard 5- 8 a short walk.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Crestline, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 7 days and what a great experience I had. This quaint little hotel has everything your looking for. Clean rooms, comfortable beds, flat screen TV's, and friendly hotel staff that are willing to go the extra mile to make sure your experience is exceptional. The location is great. Only a few miles from all the major attractions for beach fun, fishing, SCUBA, and night life. The new owners Cindy and Mike have done an exceptional job in new renovations, and updated rooms. Beautifully landscaped grounds. Nice shade with tiki huts. Bar-b-que grills for your catch of the day, or whatever your pleasure. The 3 resident dogs (pups) are gentle and sweet, so bring your pup, no worries here. A true "pearl" hotel of Islamorada. As a Florida native, I would come here every time. No question.

Room Tip: There are 8 rooms. All different sizes, so plan ahead. Just call and let Cindy and or Mike know your...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Marathon, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

I can't for the life of me remember how I found this place, but I am *so* glad I did. While in the Keys on business I checked into the Conch On Inn for 10 days. It's a tiny little place, shoehorned in at the end of a canal with all of eight rooms. The style is vintage Keys, when small mom-and-pop hotels dotted the landscape. The rooms are smallish, but superclean and my bed was new and of high quality.

There's no pool. Instead, there is a swim ladder and you swim in the canal. Be prepared to share your swim with thousands of minnows and the occasional curious manatee. The water is clean, warm and refreshing.

This is a family operation and it shows. The hotel is likely to be booked heavily on the weekends with some of the owner's many, many friends, and if you're staying there, you're their friends too.

This hotel isn't just pet-friendly, it's pet-worshipful. The owners have three dogs, all of whom will be glad to accept your adoration, and they all interact well with guest's dogs. I saw it several times.

Prices are very reasonable and discounts are offered for longer stays. I enjoyed my stay more than I can really express in this review.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank WriterFL
Tequesta, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

This hotel is one of those rare pleasures in life where expectations are exceeded and we felt the need to tell everyone we know about it. We were introduced to the property from a friend and had a memorable, relaxing weekend meeting new people at the grill/patio area and then spending a great afternoon floating in the lagoon right in front of the hotel for several hours. The room we had was comfortable and reasonably priced and access to other areas of the Key were at our fingertips.

Last, when I say come for the Keys but stay for the hospitality, we made new friends of the owners of this fine establishment, Cindy and Mike. We were made to feel like family and when we left I felt like we had known this most hospitable couple for many years. That is a large part of the attraction and I have heard this from others.

Can't wait to come back....Thanksgiving perhaps?

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Moorestown, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

The Conch on Inn has come out of its shell with new owners.
Being "pet-friendly" is a little misleading - that's what many places say and don't really mean. This place really LOVES dogs and wants them to run around the fenced-in motel and socialize. And there are three sweet resident dogs in case you have to leave yours behind.
Owners Cindy and Mike will give you hospitality that doesn't feel fake and will try and make your stay as best as possible. They also are people you will genuinely want to get to know if you have time. They love where they are and what they now do, and, as a guest, I can tell.
The canal in the outdoor "lobby" was peaceful, sometimes has a manatee visitor, is a great place to take a dip and has tables, a fire pit and a barbecue. There also are rafts you can use.
I didn't really go to Islamorada to spend a lot of time in a hotel room (I came to dive). But the rooms here are what you should expect: Clean (thanks, maid Elaine) and with everything you need including a fridge, microwave, coffee-maker (bring coffee) and flat-screen TV. You also can get a free pass here to Founders Park.
Upgrades are being made, so the tiki-island motel feel should only get better, and I will be back someday to see them! They've already gotten the hospitality down like pros.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Meredith D
Pompano Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed 2 nights this weekend and had a great time. The rooms are clean and have everything you need. The owners told us they are making continual upgrades, so it should only get better.

We brought our dog with us and not only was the motel pet friendly as advertised, but the owners did a little pet-sitting while we were out fishing.

This is going to be our new home away from home in Islamorada. The biggest reason is the owners. They are super people, made us feel welcome, like part of the family.

Room Tip: Any room is good now, there is a refrigerator, flat screen TV, and roomy bathroom.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank billhanifin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

The best mom and pop place ever. New owners are the most friendly people ever. Very pet friendly, even my little yappers loved their dogs. My dogs loved playing and running around in the fenced in yard. We were able to keep our bay boat right at their dock. There manatees that come up by the dock from time to time. restaurants nearby. Places nearby to kayak. I just can't say enough about the place. I don't care for places with stuffy people and this place suited us to a tee. If you love quaint little getaways that are very relaxing with great company, this the place to be. We will definitely be back to this place where we felt so welcomed. Great hospitality!!!

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Islamorada
Amara Cay Resort
#4 of 19 in Key Largo
Drop Anchor Resort
Drop Anchor Resort
#4 of 19 in Islamorada

Been to Conch on Inn Motel? Share your experiences!