“AWFUL....”
Review of Kon-Tiki Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Islamorada
Kon-Tiki Resort
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
South Florida
“AWFUL....”
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Unveil your sheets and find roaches. Randy the host is the meanest, rudest person i have ever interacted with. I hurt me to pay him my money. Please do not make the mistake I made by being here and giving Randy, the biggest A$%@& your money. WAY OVERPRICED, DIRTY and ABSOLUTELY NO CUSTOMER SERVICE. If Randy inst the owner, he needs to be fired. If he is the owner, he needs to find a new job. Oh, and don't be fooled, no Heated pool, no Private Lagoon (a sess pool), and no cable ~ Just lies....If I had a choice, I would stay at the Islander. Cheaper, Cleaner, and overall a better experience.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank chaseymonster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed October 6, 2010

We have stayed there more than 8 times. New mamagement sucks. They dont care nothinig about the money. Get you in and get you out and sooner the better on the out.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank fishnman1953
Delray Beach, FL
Reviewed April 15, 2010

I have been going to Kon Tiki with family and friends for years and multiple times per year (5+ x's/ year).

In short, the rudeness we encountered by the GM's girlfriend and part time desk clerk was inexcusable. You would think, in a recession, there would be a minimal effort to show some appreciation for business. Not the case! I was so incensed I asked for my money back and was glad to go elsewhere. Thankfully, they obliged.

Frankly, it is a shame because I love the location of the resort and over looked the sparse amenities and barely clean rooms. After all it's about the fishing not the rooms. Looking back I probably stayed there because of familiarity not the resort.

The management is there on behalf of the multiple individual unit owners. Maybe thats the problem!

To all: Go to La Jolla instead.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank crtarpon
Golden Valley
Reviewed April 9, 2010

We were looking for a place to completely relax and wanted an 'old Keys' experience. We found what we were looking for and had a great time. Our room was very clean, kitchen was recently updated and the grounds were also very well-kept. The resort was fully occupied with families - all very friendly and seemed to have been coming for years. Despite being full, evenings were quiet and we were never bothered by noise. Loved not having to deal with an elevator, lobby, etc. to get to dock, pool, hammocks, etc. Good location with lots of good food nearby and Ray was very helpful. Feel like we lucked into a local favorite! Hope to be back.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Naples, FL
Reviewed March 23, 2010

We just got back from our stay at Kon Tiki and would like to report that the older gentleman at the office is unfriendly and rude. Rarely did we even ask for anything, but when we did he was short and not very helpful. He seemed to have a chip on his shoulder. The other lady, Nancy who we booked the room from was just fine, but unfortunately she didn't seem to be the manager, at least when we were there. BTW, we were a very quiet group. Even when I asked about coming back the man was short and just seemed unhappy all the time. When the manager walks around unhappy it puts a damper on your "vacation mood".

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Ct
Reviewed March 19, 2010

We have been coming to Kon Tiki for 17 years. It 's the perfect little hidden gem in the keys. If you're planning to stay for more than a week, this is the place. Cozy 1 bedroom apartments with kitchens. Great location to restaurants, shopping, fishing, entertainment and sight seeing.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Florida
Reviewed April 13, 2009

We stay at a different place every time we go to the keys. This stay was at the Kon Tiki Resort in Islandmorada. I read the reviews before going so I had an idea of what other guests where saying. We stayed in rooms 11 and 12. Room 11 is a mid size open room with 2 queen size beds and a couch with a pull out bed. The small dining area seats 4 and is between the kithchen and sleeping area. The kitchen is adequate with dishes and cookware. We had to go buy our own spatchula. There was only one outlet in the kitchen and the breaker would pop if you used all three plugs at the same time. The bathroom is small and had alot of black ants in it. I guess that is why the room came with a can of Raid. Room 12 is small. Two queen size beds, small portable refridgerator, and small bathroom. Ants in that bathroom aswell.
There are two cooking grills avaialble at the common area of the grounds. We did not use them because they where being used. So plan your cooking ahead of time. We ended up going to the store and buying a $20 grill. It was well worth the money. It cooked great. So maby bring a small charcoal grill with you just in case.
There is boat docking there. We rented a 24 foot boat from bump and jump. The waters are shallow there so no big boats will make it in. The private lagoon there has alot of fish in it. They kids like to swim, snorkle and kyak in the lagoon. I thought it was a little murky. They should find a way to clear it up.
Well I am sure I could go on about this place but would just like to say that I would stay there again. It was quite, clean, friendly, and Safe.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family