All reviews moroccan room the secret garden bed and breakfast bombay room breakfast is served quiet neighborhood key west spent two nights local attractions coffee maker overseas highway angela keys grounds florida bathrobes tavernier
Reviewed October 14, 2008

Casa Thorn is an amazing little heavenly place. We were there for our honeymoon. We stayed in the Secret Garden Room for 5 nights and it was awesome. The room was very private and Thorn, Brian & Cathy were perfect hosts. The food was fantastic and they all gave us great recommendations on where to eat, where to go to the beach, and where to watch the most amazing sunsets.

Our room was cleaned every day and the hosts asked us what we wanted to breakfast and were kind and considerate. The grounds were like a little Garden of Eden with lots of flowers and ponds. They have a small pool and a sundeck and Thorn has a great selection of movies so you can just relax and enjoy the time there.

My new husband and I had a great time and hope to return to celebrate our anniversaries someday!

Reviewed October 13, 2008

Beginning Oct 1, 2008, my husband & I enjoyed five delightful days at Casa Thorn. From entering the front door until we departed, our experience was more than we could have ever imagined. Thorn, Kathy and Brian were so gracious and friendly that we will forever consider them part of our extended family. We were in Room #3, right beside the pool. Because each room has it's own private dining area, you can choose to "socialize" or not. There were people in three of the other units for several days and we only met and had conversations with one couple.

Prior to booking at Casa Thorn, I read every review on TripAdvisor. I would like to provide my comments on some of the negative reviews. One reviewed noted that the rooms were dark. Our room was somewhat dark, even during the day. But this was welcomed when we came in from the hot and humid Florida weather. This made it easy to take an afternoon nap. Due in part to recent staff changes, the rooms and outside areas were very clean and well maintained. Our sheets and towels were clean, soft and appeared to be fairly new. Our room had a standard tub/shower and we never experienced any problems with shortness of hot water (and my husband loves long showers). Several reviewers mentioned not being able to lock the doors on the rooms when you were out. We never locked our doors, day or night. We left a computer and a camera on the table just inside the door every day and never gave it a second thought. Thorn, Kathy or Brian were always on the property and there was very little traffic on the street. Breakfast each day was so good. We had something different each day: eggs, pancakes, cinnamon french toast with fruit, bacon or sausage and toast.

This is a very quiet and relaxing area. I would not recommend it to families with children or to people who have to be entertained all the time. Within the Keys, we saw one minature golf course and no water parks. Most of the action was in Key West. We were there for a couple hours on two separate days. We were on vacation to quietly relax so we were not interested in the night life bar scenes. Also note, if you are not familiar with the Keys, there a few, very small beaches. If you want beaches, you need to stay in the mainland of Florida. However the water here is beautiful.

If you are into quiet, relaxing surroundings, I would highly recommend Casa Thorn. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed October 12, 2008

We stayed at casa thorn on our honeymoon and returned two years later. we decided to return for our ten year anniversary. We have always stayed in the morrocan room. The place is more beauitful than I rememberd the staff was great they treated us like old friends, I can't say enough about Thorn even though it was eight years since our last stay ,seeing Thorn again was like seeing family. I miss her already and we are planning our next stay. I highly recommend Casa Thorn, you won't be disappointed.

Billy and Tracey

Reviewed October 4, 2008

We cherished the decadently decored room with the magnificent draperies, heirloom lamps and mirrored closets. The grounds were absolutely divine; filled with treasures here and there that surely all have their stories and uniqueness. We wish we could have spent more time in our "Secret Garden" room; on the premises and in speaking with Thorn - the owner.

Date of stay: September 2008
Reviewed October 2, 2008

Found Casa Thorn on TripAdvisor and spent four nights there -- two in The Tiki Hut and two in Suite 4, and got to take a peek at the other rooms. The rooms were immaculate and beautifully decorated in their own unique styles. It's obvious the owner put her heart into designing and decorating the place. The staff was super friendly and kind and we immediately felt welcome. Breakfast in the Orchid Garden was heavenly. We would wholeheartedly recommend this place to others.

Date of stay: September 2008