Booked for a pay 5 stay 7 deal, my wife and I arrived around midnight to a 1 bedroom suite. This so called resort might have been a nice place 15 years ago, but lack of improvement in the room is very evident. First things first, the grounds are beautiful and well kept, thats the only good thing I have to say. Bad things, what appeared to be bed bugs on our pillows, my wife cleaned a 6x6 part of the ceramic floor with a cloth, it was dark brown in seconds. Stove looked like it had not been cleaned for years, no way am I eating anything from that stove. Just so you know we are not picky people and I am sure management will respond with a tale of grumpy guests, please believe me this is not the case. I left after 2 nights, losing my deposit in the process, what should have been a deal at $145. a night, actually cost me $456 for 2 nights, do the math and stay at Azul in Key Largo or my saviour resort, The Islander which I will be reviewing after this.The woman behind the desk took 25 minutes to tally up 2 nights plus my deposit which had already been on my credit card, hence the term deposit. The manager could not be found anywhere and my opinion is if your resort(ha,ha)is in that kind of shape, you know it. I have heard stories of new owners, and nobody is quite sure who is running the place right now, it does not matter, this place is awful, just DONT DO IT !!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the best kept secrets and favorite escapes of Keys aficionados, La Siesta in Islamorada, is located on 6-acres of oceanfront accessible by the historic Overseas Highway at mile marker 80. Our hotel is less than 90 minutes from Miami, putting the resort in the heart of the lively Florida Keys, providing a tranquil escape among native flora and fauna for an uncommonly relaxing retreat. Retreat from the everyday and embrace the natural beauty of Florida at its best. The shimmering blue hues of the Atlantic Ocean will greet you upon arrival and the private sugar sand beach will call your name. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your La Siesta Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Siesta Resort And Marina
- La Siesta Resort & Marina Hotel Islamorada