“BEST place out of 4 during our stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Siesta Resort & Marina

You added La Siesta Resort & Marina to your Saves list
La Siesta Resort & Marina
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   80241 Overseas Highway, Mile Marker 80.5 Oceanside, Islamorada, FL 33036   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Dayton, Ohio
“BEST place out of 4 during our stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

LaSiesta will WOW you! The beautiful grounds are well taken care of. Sand, water and palm trees abound. Personal Picnic tables, lounge chairs and hammocks provided for your pleasure.We saw staff everywhere, cleaning and picking up around the property. They were very friendly. We stayed for three nights in one of the cottages overlooking the water. Comfortable King bed, comfortable couch in the living room.Gorgeous sun rises right out our door...stunning. Beautiful & immaculate pool and hot tub..open 24 hrs which is a big plus. The continental breakfast included is typical & average.Free use of fishing poles, kyacks, bikes. Needed to do some laundry and that was free as well...unusual to have all these free activites in the Keys. Kitchen was decent size..could cook in if we wanted...had a full size refrigerator...could actually buy a half gallon of Bluebell Icecream! Only con is the small bathroom but rest of cottage is very comfortable. Located in Islamorada...1.5 hrs from Key West. Take a snorkel trip all throughout the keys...it's amazing. I'll be back!!

Room Tip: Cottage 103 was great...small bathroom but the rest is spacious & comfortable.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
LasiestaGM, General Manager at La Siesta Resort & Marina, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank Yop so much for your great comments and for staying with us! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed in the one bedroom bungalow on the beach. It was very cozy with it's little kitchen. The bed was very comfy. The hammock in the front was a perfect addition. The continental breakfast in the morning was a typical breakfast, but eating breakfast in the front of our bungalow overlooking the ocean was beautiful. The pool was great. It is one of those walk in pools. We will be coming back.

Room Tip: Stay in a bungalow
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
I am so Happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you will be coming back! Thank you so much for your business.

Vineland, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I have been trying to phone the hotel directly ( as I had specific questions) all day long, but finally gave up. The machine kept picking up, and then someone kept hanging up on me. We stayed there last June and had a nice time and wanted to go again for 7 nights, but could not get anyone to answer the phone...So we are going to Cancun instead. Their LOSS!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
LasiestaGM, General Manager at La Siesta Resort & Marina, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Well, I am certainly disappointed that we were not able to receive your call. I can assure you that it wasn't because we didn't want to. We were experiencing phone issues. I am on top of it and working through our problems. I do hope you will give us another try.

Fort Myers Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I booked our room at La Siesta at the last minute after passport issues prevented us from going to our planned honeymoon in Belize. They were extremely sweet and put us in a gorgeous one-bedroom suite overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. I think our room had recently been renovated, as our furniture looked brand new, the bed was extremely comfy and we had everything we needed to cook in our kitchen. I liked the furniture even better than the stuff we have in our own apartment!

The grounds are beautiful, too, with little lit up paths leading the way to the pool area - which is huge and awesome. Plus there are hammocks strung between some of the trees, and I spent many afternoons curled up in one of them with a book.

If I had to say anything negative at all, it would be that there is no ice machine so you have to buy it from the front desk for $3. No biggie.

I loved this place - it had exactly the laid back feeling that I wanted to go to Belize for but was only three hours from home. We will DEFINITELY be back for a second honeymoon and would recommend this place to anyone looking for a romantic getaway. It was AWESOME!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
LasiestaGM, General Manager at La Siesta Resort & Marina, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay! Congratulatins on your Marriage and we look forword to seeing you again.

Miami Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have been coming to Islamorada for a while and was fooled and tricked by this "resort"'s images on the Internet. I paid $189 per night for a hotel which I though was going to be more upscaled than the cabins at Bahia Honda or other places I had stayed for less money. Instead, I was not placed in the pretty Florida buildings shown on the property and that were under the description of the room I booked online but I was placed on the back building (the older looking building not shown on their site) with an old sofa instead of two sofa beds, sheets with holes in them, and after several request a rollaway for one of my children, the other had to sleep with me in a full size bed because they had no more blankets. This place is a rip off for the price, the only thing going for them is the location. Maybe that is why they think they can get away with it.

Room Tip: Call ahead a make sure that you get what you pay for before traveling there. Read reviews before ste...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
LasiestaGM, General Manager at La Siesta Resort & Marina, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for your comments. I know that my Executive Housekeeper had spoken to you while you were here. We have no shortage of Blankets and if asked we certainly would have provided you with one. The sheet issue was with the roll away bed and yes a staff member made a mistake and picked up the wrong sheet for the rollaway, we certainly apologize for that. We make no claim that there are two couches in ever room. I am so sorry that you thought that there was. We are certainly not trying to fool anyone and our rates along with our property are on par with the rest of Islamorada. I do hope you will give us another try.

Dan Rutan

Travelers are raving about these Islamorada hotels

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

La Siesta has a five bedroom house on the ocean, this is my second stay here.
It is great for large family functions, has a huge kitchen family room and an oversize porch with your own large lawn leading down to three private boat slips. The master bedroom is huge with it's own private porch. With this you also get all the amenities that the hotel has to offer, including the poolside continental breakfast and coffee each morning.
There was no one coming in that evening and the staff was very accommodating to give us a late check out so we could go fishing and then shower and leave later in the day.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Hellsbay
LasiestaGM, General Manager at La Siesta Resort & Marina, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
It was our pleasure to host your group. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit.

Vero Beach, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I didn't read the reviews on this place before making our reservation because we were joining family members who had already selected this property. Poshmom19's review is exactly what we experienced - the website pictures are very misleading! Our oceanfront one-bedroom cottage (one of six in this large complex) was badly in need of maintenance and modernization; the sliding glass door onto the patio was in such bad shape that my wife had to have me open and close it for her whenever she wanted to go in or out.
The total daily cost for this sorry unit, including taxes and a dubious $18 a day "Resort Fee" was $248.80 and the weekend rate is approx. $20 higher.
It is a family-oriented facility and there are lots of kids around, from infants to teenagers.
On a positive note,the pool area (where a continental breakfast is served) is nice, the grounds were very clean and the staff (with the exception of Meredith who was in the front office in the evenings) was friendly and helpful.
One last point to keep in mind if you are thinking about a trip to the Keys - avoid the first week of Florida's lobster season (August 6-12 this year) unless you like heavy traffic and crowded restaurants!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the very few units/rooms that have been recently renovated
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank glennVeroBeach_FL
LasiestaGM, General Manager at La Siesta Resort & Marina, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank You so much for staying with us and for your comments. I am working on all of your concerns. I would like to mention that the Resort Fee Covers, Continental Breakfast, WiFi, Use of Bicycles, Use of Kyaks and use of Washer and dryers for your clothes.

Dan Rutan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Islamorada
Amara Cay Resort
Cheeca Lodge & Spa
#9 of 19 in Islamorada
4.0 of 5 stars 2,433 reviews
Islander Resort, a Guy Harvey Outpost

Been to La Siesta Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!