I have been coming to Islamorada for a while and was fooled and tricked by this "resort"'s images on the Internet. I paid $189 per night for a hotel which I though was going to be more upscaled than the cabins at Bahia Honda or other places I had stayed for less money. Instead, I was not placed in the pretty Florida buildings shown on the property and that were under the description of the room I booked online but I was placed on the back building (the older looking building not shown on their site) with an old sofa instead of two sofa beds, sheets with holes in them, and after several request a rollaway for one of my children, the other had to sleep with me in a full size bed because they had no more blankets. This place is a rip off for the price, the only thing going for them is the location. Maybe that is why they think they can get away with it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the best kept secrets and favorite escapes of Keys aficionados, La Siesta in Islamorada, is located on 6-acres of oceanfront accessible by the historic Overseas Highway at mile marker 80. Our hotel is less than 90 minutes from Miami, putting the resort in the heart of the lively Florida Keys, providing a tranquil escape among native flora and fauna for an uncommonly relaxing retreat. Retreat from the everyday and embrace the natural beauty of Florida at its best. The shimmering blue hues of the Atlantic Ocean will greet you upon arrival and the private sugar sand beach will call your name. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Otel, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com, Cancelon and Travelocity so you can book your La Siesta Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Siesta Resort And Marina
- La Siesta Resort & Marina Hotel Islamorada