“TIME WARP”

Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Wisconsin
“TIME WARP”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2012

We just returned from this resort, and the pictures and the outside of this resort is as good as it gets, beautiful. BUT, the rooms, are another story. Our room looked like it had stepped out of the pages of a 1950's catalog, nothing really updated, we had an ocean front cottage and it had no tub. The couches were damp and totally stained. The bed was stained and I was a little nervous to even sleep in them to be honest. NONE of the wood blinds on the windows actually COVERED the windows, you could see right in the rooms on all sides. The toilet barely flushed, I could go on and on. For the money, I'd hope this resort would put some towards remodeling and updating a few centuries. I was here for a wedding and the big house was amazing, this is what I was expecting but on a smaller scale for the rooms, but no such luck. The view and pool are best part, which is where I spent the majority of my time...definitely NOT in the room!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
LasiestaGM, General Manager at La Siesta Resort & Marina, responded to this review, January 20, 2012
Thank You so much for your comments. I suppose the Keys are a bit of a time warp. I think that is mostly the intention. The Hotels in the Keys were built in the 1950's and I think that is the charm of the area. That being said we do not want to have dirty rooms and if that was the case I offer no excuse but do offer my sincere apology.

Dan Rutan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Mississauga
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

Room is a little bit outdated but clean and nice. It has a room and a kitchen/living room attached. Nice balcony with ocean view and just steps from the fabulous pool and hot tub. The next morning breakfast was small and I was not impressed. Over all, nice location, and I would probably come back here. 3

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Gabi N
Thank You so much for your comments and for staying with us. You had stayed over the New Years Eve Holiday and yes, for the Keys that is a very busy time of year and rates do tend to be higher. I can assure you that we were charging on par with the rest of the hoteles in the area. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay and look forwrd to having you back.

Redlands, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2011

Small resort at an amazing location - right on the water and beautiful sunrises. Stayed at the big house (5 bdrm), that has its own backyard and boat dock. Late check-out at 3pm can be arranged for $50 additional.

Room Tip: There are several cottages along the beach - with their own hammock in front!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Mobertoe
We are so Happy you had a nice stay with us. We hope to see you again.

Southeast Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2011

We usually stay at Cheeca, but wanted something a bit more casual . The grounds are really nice, the front desk-Courtney-was so helpful and friendly and the pool was clean and beautiful . The only thing is that it is in need of some sprucing up...new furniture outside and in, updates in the baths, but it was a really nice experience and we will positively come back. The continental breakfast was great too! Thanks for the nice memories !!!

• Stayed September 2011
Thank You so much for staying with us and your very kind words! We do plan on a "Spruce Up" at the end of the summer. We look forward to seeing you again.

Lighthouse Point, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2011

We have been traveling back and forth from South Florida all summer. We would definitely stay here again- and this is the first hotel I have said that about . The two level townhouse was great. We even had enough room to bring a blow up bed if we needed to. There is a small kitchen, and a living room with seating. Upstairs, two bedrooms: one with a king, one with 2 queens, which works out great with the kids. The pool is beautiful, and the beach with their hammocks and lounge chairs are picturesque. If you have boat, this is an affordable, clean place to stay and dock your boat right there. Try to get a beach view, we had a garden view, and there is really not much to see. Bring your pool towels- at full capacity, they run low. The staff is very accommodating. It is located right in the heart of Islamorada, surrounded by great restaurants- Green Turtle Inn, Lazy Days, etc. There is a washer/Dryer on the property, which was helpful. Breakfast at the pool was delightful. Thumbs up!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank LisaM3333
Thank You some much for your kind words. We are so glad that you were happy with your stay. We look forward to seeing you again.

Miramar, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

I had stayed at Pines and Palms in Nov. 2010 which is next door to La Siesta Resort. I walked over to check out La Siesta and Dan the Manager was at the front desk he let us see one of the rooms to see what it looked like and it was nice as well at the pool and landscape. However, I am now wanting to go down there on vacation for Sept. 2011 and have gotten the run around. The first time I called down there I spoke to a very nice man (not Dan) he advised me that he was at the other hotel which is co owned (Holiday Isle.) and he was not on the La Siesta grounds to answer my questions but he transfered me. I spoke to a female who advised I would need to talk to Dan in reference to my questions that she could not answer. She took my name and number and was going to talk to Dan and call me back that was 1030 am and never did all day , so I called back at 445 pm and asked her if she had forgotten as she rudely replied I am still here aren't I. I am all alone here and it is very busy with a fishing tournament. I said okay thank you call me when you are not busy then. She needed my name and number again, I gave it to her but thought what happened to the one you wrote down the first time. You throw it out? This went on for about a week with no success of getting assistance to make a reservation. All along I was not wanting to bother the general manager (Dan) figured I would go via chain of command. I finally had enough, I called and got the prompt menu and hit #3 for general manager (Dan) left a message with my name and number for him to please give me a call back and I am still waiting. It's been a week and no call back. So obviously they don't care about customer service and they should because they are not the only place down there. We like trying new places when we go down to the keys. At this point all they have going for them is semi nice rooms, pretty pool and well manicured property. Customer service is terrible. Also they charge 20.00 a day per room for continental breakfast. bike and fishing pole rentals. Keep in mind if 10 people are in a 2 bedroom or if 2 people are in a room it's a flat $20.00 dollars. Where is that fair and whats wrong with that picture? Especially if the 2 people are older and not going to fish, bike, or eat. Hello?

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Kim5093
LasiestaGM, General Manager at La Siesta Resort & Marina, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
I am so sorry that you were unable to reach me. I have been on vacation the last week and there was no message on my voicemail. The actions of my staff are at best embarrasing and am working hard to make things right. I am unable to contact you as I do not have your name and phone number. If given the chance I am sure that we can provide the very best stay the Florida Keys has to offer.

Dan Rutan

Travelers are raving about these Islamorada hotels

Lauderdale by the Sea, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

We had a renovated room 409 suite very nice with great view and nice size balcony. They could use peanut butter or hard boiled eggs at breakfast. Resort fee really only includes hammocks and breakfast no kayaks. They have watersports on site but you must pay. Pool very child freindy. Robbies great for fishing and feeding tarpon. The restaurant did fried and blackened fish tacos from what we caught on our morning fishing trip. Wahoos was fun for dinner great food. We went to Morada bay food very average view was great for sunset.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank You so much for your comments. You will happy to know that we have added Hard Boiled Eggs to our Breakfast selection and are also adding Peanut Butter. The Resort Fee actually covers Local Calls, Wireless Internet (That recently was upgraded), The Use of non-Coin Operated free of charge Washer and Dryers, Use of Fishing Poles, Continental Breakfast as well as use of our Bicycles. Thank You for staying with us and we look forward to your return Trip.

General Manger