“Would stay here again!”

Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Lighthouse Point, Florida
“Would stay here again!”
Reviewed September 6, 2011

We have been traveling back and forth from South Florida all summer. We would definitely stay here again- and this is the first hotel I have said that about . The two level townhouse was great. We even had enough room to bring a blow up bed if we needed to. There is a small kitchen, and a living room with seating. Upstairs, two bedrooms: one with a king, one with 2 queens, which works out great with the kids. The pool is beautiful, and the beach with their hammocks and lounge chairs are picturesque. If you have boat, this is an affordable, clean place to stay and dock your boat right there. Try to get a beach view, we had a garden view, and there is really not much to see. Bring your pool towels- at full capacity, they run low. The staff is very accommodating. It is located right in the heart of Islamorada, surrounded by great restaurants- Green Turtle Inn, Lazy Days, etc. There is a washer/Dryer on the property, which was helpful. Breakfast at the pool was delightful. Thumbs up!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank LisaM3333
LasiestaGM, General Manager at La Siesta Resort & Marina, responded to this review, January 20, 2012
Thank You some much for your kind words. We are so glad that you were happy with your stay. We look forward to seeing you again.

Dan Rutan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Miramar, Florida
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I had stayed at Pines and Palms in Nov. 2010 which is next door to La Siesta Resort. I walked over to check out La Siesta and Dan the Manager was at the front desk he let us see one of the rooms to see what it looked like and it was nice as well at the pool and landscape. However, I am now wanting to go down there on vacation for Sept. 2011 and have gotten the run around. The first time I called down there I spoke to a very nice man (not Dan) he advised me that he was at the other hotel which is co owned (Holiday Isle.) and he was not on the La Siesta grounds to answer my questions but he transfered me. I spoke to a female who advised I would need to talk to Dan in reference to my questions that she could not answer. She took my name and number and was going to talk to Dan and call me back that was 1030 am and never did all day , so I called back at 445 pm and asked her if she had forgotten as she rudely replied I am still here aren't I. I am all alone here and it is very busy with a fishing tournament. I said okay thank you call me when you are not busy then. She needed my name and number again, I gave it to her but thought what happened to the one you wrote down the first time. You throw it out? This went on for about a week with no success of getting assistance to make a reservation. All along I was not wanting to bother the general manager (Dan) figured I would go via chain of command. I finally had enough, I called and got the prompt menu and hit #3 for general manager (Dan) left a message with my name and number for him to please give me a call back and I am still waiting. It's been a week and no call back. So obviously they don't care about customer service and they should because they are not the only place down there. We like trying new places when we go down to the keys. At this point all they have going for them is semi nice rooms, pretty pool and well manicured property. Customer service is terrible. Also they charge 20.00 a day per room for continental breakfast. bike and fishing pole rentals. Keep in mind if 10 people are in a 2 bedroom or if 2 people are in a room it's a flat $20.00 dollars. Where is that fair and whats wrong with that picture? Especially if the 2 people are older and not going to fish, bike, or eat. Hello?

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Kim5093
LasiestaGM, General Manager at La Siesta Resort & Marina, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
I am so sorry that you were unable to reach me. I have been on vacation the last week and there was no message on my voicemail. The actions of my staff are at best embarrasing and am working hard to make things right. I am unable to contact you as I do not have your name and phone number. If given the chance I am sure that we can provide the very best stay the Florida Keys has to offer.

Dan Rutan

Travelers are raving about these Islamorada hotels

Lauderdale by the Sea, Florida
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We had a renovated room 409 suite very nice with great view and nice size balcony. They could use peanut butter or hard boiled eggs at breakfast. Resort fee really only includes hammocks and breakfast no kayaks. They have watersports on site but you must pay. Pool very child freindy. Robbies great for fishing and feeding tarpon. The restaurant did fried and blackened fish tacos from what we caught on our morning fishing trip. Wahoos was fun for dinner great food. We went to Morada bay food very average view was great for sunset.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank You so much for your comments. You will happy to know that we have added Hard Boiled Eggs to our Breakfast selection and are also adding Peanut Butter. The Resort Fee actually covers Local Calls, Wireless Internet (That recently was upgraded), The Use of non-Coin Operated free of charge Washer and Dryers, Use of Fishing Poles, Continental Breakfast as well as use of our Bicycles. Thank You for staying with us and we look forward to your return Trip.

General Manger
Lake Worth, Florida
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We are south Florida residents who frequently spend time in the Keys. This was our first visit to this resort. I liked the location, it's on the ocean side, sunrises are great, the sand is nice, the pool is wonderful and they offer a nice breakfast. The grounds are nice and well maintained and the resort has that old Florida Keys atmosphere that I really enjoy. The rooms are adequate in that they could use some updating but they are very well appointed and clean. We stayed in a two bedroom that was two levels. The kitchen was well supplied and fully functional and the living room was spacious. The room had excellent storage space and the parking was decent. The dual balconies were nice but not divided from the other guests balconies so you have the luck of the draw in terms of neighbors but that is out of the hands of the resort. This resort has a lot of rooms and naturally more people equals more noise. Overall, the resort was nice. Unfortunately the front office staff is just terrible. I have experience in psychology so I was able to observe the behavior towards other guests and adapt my approach. As a result of a lot of effort on my part the staff member eventually was very nice to me but other guests were not so lucky (including two separate incidents with fiance who originally called to ask about availability and my cousin who attempted to check us in before I did but left before even giving our name because she was being so ridiculous). We all have stress at work and that's why we go on vacation. The office staff needs to understand that while they are stressed at work, the people they are dealing with are on vacation, paying money to be there and don't deserve the wrath of employees who are unhappy about being at work. Customer service can be a major factor in the overall experience of someone's vacation. I witnessed many, many guests receiving negative attitude from the office and I am sure they will write poor reviews because of that. This is unfortunate because the resort it's self is actually nice. I personally hope the customer service will improve and due to the other positive factors I plan on giving the resort one more chance. Hopefully our next experience will be better.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Tanya H
LasiestaGM, General Manager at La Siesta Resort & Marina, responded to this review, August 11, 2011
Thank you so much for your comments. I am so glad that you found the overall resort to be very much to your satisfaction. To say that I am embarrassed by the conduct of the Front Desk Agent that you had encountered is putting it mildly. I want all of our guests to feel welcome and at ease. This is my home and would like you to feel that your are my invited guest not an imposition. You have my word that I will take swift action and know that on your next visit I will have worked hard to earn back your trust and respect.

Very Sincerely Yours,
Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed for a long weekend at La Siesta in Islamorada with our small dog. This pet-friendly resort is very clean and comfortable. The pool is great, with a zero-entry shallow end and tunes from Margaritaville playing all day. Our room was large, with a fully equipped kitchen. The staff was friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay at La Siesta when we travel to Islamorada!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Peggy33436
LasiestaGM, General Manager at La Siesta Resort & Marina, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
Thank you so much for your comments. I am so glad you and your dog enjoyed your stay and hope that you come back and see us soon. Jimmy will be waiting poolside.
fort lauderdale
Reviewed July 19, 2011

We left this place which was dirty and old. They tried switching our room but the second one wasn't much better.
We went back to Key Largo to the Hilton. It was fabulous, clean, newly renovated and even has a nature preserve!

Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank kl_christensen
LasiestaGM, General Manager at La Siesta Resort & Marina, responded to this review, July 21, 2011
Thank you so much for your comments. I am very sorry the hotel did not meet your expectations. I did notice that your stay was back in December 2010. I do hope that you will give us another try this year. I was just new to the property then and I think that you will find that we have made great improvements.

Thank you.
Oslo
Reviewed July 2, 2011

I paid $18 a day resort fee. For this $18 I could use real worn out biks(they should have been thrown), fishing rods and business room without pc, printer and fax. You pay $18 for nothing. $160 for the apartment is also expensive compared to what I got. So stay away from this place. Some of the staff was depressing, they seemed to be tired of the job. Especially a woman in the reception. It was really a chore for her to answere my questions. I were staying for 3 days and got no room cleaning. I asked the lady in the reception for room cleaning 4 times, but nothing happens. But the view from the third floor balcony was nice and we had the whole third floor balcony for ourselves.
Summing up: Stay away from this rip off place.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank JonnyOslo
LasiestaGM, General Manager at La Siesta Resort & Marina, responded to this review, July 3, 2011
I am extremely disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. I will be following up with the Front Desk to make sure all of our staff are up to our normally high standards for providing outstanding customer service. I do believe most Resorts in the Florida Keys charge a service and or Resort Fee. For our Resort fee you receive daily Continental breakfast, Fishing Poles, Bikes, Wireless Internet and the free use of the guest laundry facilities that inculde washer and dryers. I feel the is an exceptional value especially for the Florida Keys. We do maintain our equipment on a regular basis and I plan to take a look at our bikes to make sure they are in tip top condition. Our Business Center actually does come equiped with a PC and Printer. The fax machine is located in our Main lobby. La Siesta Resort and Marina is a rustic throw back to old Florida. We are a clean comfortable resort that has the feel of fishing villages of old.

Thank You for your Comments.