“Great place for dogs”

42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Great place for dogs”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Both parking areas had showers, a great way to clean up pups before they get in your car. There were a fair amount of bugs when we visited, so I recommend bug spray. Dogs have to stay on the leash. Understandable, but kind of a bummer.

1 Thank Mary L

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Coconut Creek, Florida
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Best beach I know in the keys”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

For the keys, this is a really nice beach. You have to realize that the keys are all about boating, diving, and snorkeling. Anyone looking to for a beach to lie out on should head up to somewhere between Ft. Lauderdale and Jupiter. I've heard Bahia Honda has a nice swimming beach, but I haven't been there.

That said, this is the best beach I've seen for swimming in the keys. There are wide swaths of sandy bottom. Even still, I don't go without flip-flops or water shoes. I can get up to about chest high before I've gone out as far as I care to go.

2 Thank JiCiT
Bel Air, Maryland
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“not worth the trip”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

5 feet of beachfront with wet sand to lay on, the water was 90 degrees and you had to walk out 500 feet for it to be up to your waist

Long Grove, Illinois
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Yuk”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

Hot, smelly and mucky! Not at all pleasant. Including the guy from Alabama doing a full change in the outside stall with no door, while a little girt waited to use the facility. Will not return.

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Won't be going back”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

After reading reviews on here, I was expecting a cool experience. Not what we got. The parking lot is small, there is no real beach (so you can't sit on the "sand"), and the sand in the water was more like quick sand. There's one thin passage that was actually okay to walk in while in the water. I won't be going back if ever in the area again.