“not what we expected in a beach”
Review of Anne's Beach

Anne's Beach
Reviewed January 19, 2012

we are used to beaches being spans of sand with rolling waves and good swimming. Anne's Beach was a quaint and quiet roadside area on the water but with no real beach as we understand them; wading into the water was not enjoyable because instead of sand underfoot there was muck. There were no waves whatsoever, but we did see some folks wind/kite surfing, so if you enjoy doing that then this would be a good place for you.

2  Thank Blueschick
Write a ReviewReviews (1,012)

Reviewed January 18, 2012

Anne's Beach is a great place to park and walk along the beach. It's also great for picnics.

Reviewed January 17, 2012

I stopped by Anne's Beach last summer. I wouldn't recommend it. If you want a beach you should probably just stay in Miami. I know there aren't really even any beaches down in the Key's and this is one of the only options, but really it wasn't worth our time. I think the tide must have been out when we went, but it smelled fishy, had tons of flies, and certainly didn't look very wonderful to wade through. (Plus you'd need to go buy beach shoes first.) We stayed for all of 5-10 minutes before I decided I'd rather sit in the car then ever get in that. I feel like all the other reviewers went to an entirely different beach than I did. Don't get your hopes up.

3  Thank curlgurl2007
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Fun stop on our Keys vacation but not really for the beach. This is on the Atlantic side--the sand is OK on shore for sunbathing or reading a book, but very little sand in the water so you sink into the muck. Take water shoes to explore the water--you'll see so many interesting things. There is a cool boardwalk to go through the mangroves, with steps every so often to get onto the beach. We explored here for about 75 minutes and found shells, pufferfish, stonecrabs, small conch, hermit crabs, other fish, etc. My husband found a sandy path out into the flats that made walking a lot easier and less likely to hurt the wildlife in the seagrass so worth walking along shore til you find the sand path. Would be a good stop with younger children. Our teens got a bit bored.

2  Thank MPWAnnapolisW
Reviewed January 10, 2012

Excellent place for small children. Known for the best public restrooms in the Keys!