“Nice stop”
Review of Anne's Beach

Anne's Beach
Reviewed January 5, 2012

There's a nice boardwalk that runs the length of the park. Covered areas with picnic tables all along it, and a bathroom building at the east end. Beach areas are small and spread between the trees and brush, with paths from the boardwalk down to them. Not where you'd want to spend a whole day, but a really nice stop along the way.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,027)
All reviews
in 12 reviews
"key west"
in 29 reviews

Reviewed January 4, 2012

Kiters run from Whale Harbor to Anne's Beach. Not many beaches in the Keys this is one of the few.

Reviewed January 3, 2012

Parking was a challenge the day we went, the lot was full so we pulled up on the grass. There is an etensive wooden walkway dotted with covered picnic tables for you to bring snacks or lunch. Some are tucked in the trees, others extend over the beach. Despite the parking lot being full, there were a handful of picnic spots available. The beach itself is small. The main attraction are the flats. I walked about a half mile with my 9 year old, a good 150 feet off shore and don't think the water hit my knees. The first few steps into the water were a bit muddy and "squishy" but go another foot or two and you will be in soft sea grass or sand. I would recommend water shoes. The birds, fish, crab and other critters were spectacular.

I can't say enough, this is not a typical beach. There is not a huge expanse of sand or big waves to jump. But, this is a great spot to site see, especially with little kids as the water is so shallow and there isn't far for them to get out of sight.

Bathrooms are there, we did not use them as they looked a little gross, even from the outside. There are no other "services" to speak of from there, so bring drinks and lots of sunscreen.

This was one of my favorite parts of my week in Islamorada and would recommend this stop to anyone.

3  Thank Breezy_in_Virginia
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We used to love Anne's beach as it is very close to where we stay in the keys, Anyone who knows Anne's beach will already know it's not much of a "beach" in the traditional sense but it used to be great fun for fishing or just a day's snorkelling and lot's of people used to arrive at weekends/holidays just to get in the water and explore the nature walk or picnic in one of the designated spots, since the kite surfing fraternity found the "beach" fishing is now a waste of time and few people seem prepared to dodge the surfers to snorkel or wade, car parking was always limited as were toilet facilities and now they are virtually impossible, you will generally get more peace to fish etc in the state parks