“Stay as far away from them as possible”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Caribbean Catering

Caribbean Catering
Ranked #67 of 93 Restaurants in Islamorada
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa
Description: Owners Dave Mansen and Debbie Pierog are the Islamorada wedding catering experts! With over 15 years restaurant experience, they have catered hundreds of Islamorada weddings and other special events throughout the Florida Keys. David and Debbie are fully involved in each Florida Keys catering event. Caribbean Catering was created so that Islamorada and the Upper Florida Keys would have a quality catering service, capable of handling a party for ten friends or a wedding for hundreds. Our intent is to develop a one of a kind experience at each event, delivering excellent gourmet food, outstanding service and a personal ambiance derived from our client's dreams and ideas.
St. Pete
“Stay as far away from them as possible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2011

Wouldn't recomend this place to my worst enemy! Feel free to contact me and I will share and show you my experience working with them. I can assure you, I am not their competition, but thinking about opening the same business just to drive them out of business.

• Visited March 2011
7 Thank GetAHobby
Caribcatering, Owner at Caribbean Catering, responded to this review, May 23, 2011
A piece of advise I will give to all brides & grooms. When you put a deposit down on a venue and a caterer for your wedding, this is locking them into your date. It is in all contracts that you sign that the deposit is non refundable. If you cancel that venue or caterer do not expect to get your deposit back. This person did just that, and they tried to get the credit card charge reversed and the credit card company sided with us , so now since he lost his deposit , he is bashing us.

Deerfield Beach, Florida
“Top Notch, All the Way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2010

After working with Debbie for almost 8 months of planning my Keys wedding, I cannot conceive of the previous negative reviews. In fact, I have to believe they were planted by jealous competitors.

I used Debbie in December 2010 to cater both my wedding dinner for 80 guests and the day-after dinner for 55 guests. I can say without reservation that everything was SPECTACULAR. Debbie is a pleasure to work with, and together we came up with lots of creative ideas for the food, beverages, decor and timeline. She is not the cheapest option around, but her prices are very reasonable (especially compared to the higher-end restaurants and resorts), and you get far more than you expect in the service she provides.

Not only did she and her staff handle all of the setup, she also served as the day-of coordinator, and they even showed up early the next morning to clean up after us. I had several guests go on and on about how delicious the food was (including certain picky 'foodie" guests), and my friends in the hospitality industry gave high praise to the level of service her staff provided.

Yes, Debbie will offer advice and guidance based on her extensive experience executing successful events in the area, but I did not find her at all inflexible and in fact we collaborated extensively on many aspects of the plan.

I wouldn't hesitate to use Caribbean Catering again, and I can confidently recommend Debbie for any event.

2 Thank TriciaSoFla
Kansas City, MO
“Caribbean Catering - the Absolute Best in Islamorada, FL”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2009

Caribbean Catering provided the rentals, staff, wedding coordination, and food for my November 14th private estate wedding in Islamorada, FL. They did an absolutely phenomenal job! Debbie was extremely helpful from the very beginning of my planning. Debbie is an honest woman, which is something I value above all else. She really takes an interest in every detail of your wedding and her recommendations on other vendors (flowers, photography, etc) are fantastic. In retrospect, I should have taken 100% of her advice on all my other vendors. This is an extremely organized small business! Debbie is familiar with all the private estates in the area and if you hire Floral Fantasy for flowers she will work with them to make sure everything is perfection. Debbie met with me at the estate location on the Thursday before our wedding to do a walk through of how everything would be set up - she even brought flower samples from Floral Fantasy to that meeting to make sure the colors were as I wanted. In the days before and after the wedding, they handled all of the ceremony and reception set up and breakdown. I was provided an excellent day of coordinator. On the day of the wedding, the food was absolutely magnificent and Debbie's staff was incredible - they were friendly, professional looking (really, they looked fantastic!), and were incredibly helpful the entire night. Our guests loved the food and raved about the service. Some of the dishes I loved were the caribbean salad, the Mojo pulled pork with Caribbean BBQ sauce, the super fresh mahi mahi, and their cucumber and carat "noodles" were absolutely to die for! If you're looking for a private caterer in Islamorada, go with Debbie and Caribbean Catering.

1 Thank kittenkatt79
xyrsara2000
“If you're looking for sophistication, STAY AWAY.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2009

I recently attended an event catered by this company
Unprofessional and rude staff with no clue on basic etiquette.
Cheap presentation and ZERO attention to detail.
Tasteless bland and cold food.
Catering "staff" couldn't wait to pack up and leave, so the guests were rushed through dinner.
Cheap and awful..

6 Thank xyrsara2000
Daytona Beach, FL
“Excellent Experience with Caribbean Catering!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2009

We hired Caribbean Catering for our daughter’s wedding in Islamorada on September 26, 2009. Debbie was awesome to work with from beginning to end! Her advice, service, food, and staff were wonderful! Debbie was very personable and cooperative. She worked within our budget, giving us great ideas for the ceremony and reception venues, set-ups, decorations, menu, florist, entertainment, etc. She was always available to answer phone calls &/or e-mail messages. Debbie and her staff organized everything, and Wedding Day was perfect! Guests were very impressed (especially with the food)! Thank you Caribbean Catering!!

2 Thank sunnydaytonabeach