“A fun place to visit.”

and up
Eco-Adventure and Snorkel Cruise
Ranked #29 of 61 things to do in Islamorada
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The native vegistation is wonderful. There is a park ranger to ask questions and take your people on a tour. Mosquitios are a problem in the wooded areas.

The old house is cool even on a 90 degree day. Sit on a rocking chair and pretend you are in the 1930's

1  Thank alanbyalan

Reviewed July 4, 2013

A nice place to visit in Islamorada.... Fun in the sun with some of the most beautiful surroundings. Fun for the whole family!!!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Its a muddy beach to a deserted island with almost nothing to see. Nice gig for a hermit to work out there as a ranger though. Tell me why we pay somone to do that, as it is a State Park. HHmmm.

3  Thank Laura B
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I read the reviews of this key before venturing out yesterday for my "new: thing to do while in the keys.After reading reviews came well armed with long sleeves and bug spray. It was $1 a person you must get there by 10 or 2. If you go December/January/February the bugs are minimal. Loved our tour and Robin our Ranger. Watched an Osprey nest by the house Dad brought a fish and fed mom who then fed the chicks. Saw many wonderful trees and relics. Ages 65 down to 26 all said we would go back. It is beautiful. We gave extra money for the upkeep.

1  Thank shrrbrrr
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I rented a boat at Robbie's Marina and headed over to Lignumvitae a few days before Thanksgiving. After tying up and walking the long dock to shore I was greeted by a Ranger dressed from head to toe in protective "bee keeper" attire. He looked at me in my t-shirt, cargo shorts and boat shoes and said, " I hope you have a couple of cans of Cutter or Off. You're gonna need 'em." Thus began and ended my trip the Lignumvitae Key Botanical State Park. Apparently, unseasonably heavy rains a few weeks before had brought the mosquito population back up to summer (rainy season) levels. Too bad, I was looking forward to seeing all that botany they have over there. Some other time perhaps.

1  Thank langenfass