“Good, not great.”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Good service, but overpriced. Chicken flavorless, the mashed potatoes and the vegetables were good. There are better options for a pricey restaurant.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I have been visiting Uncle's on many trips to Keys, over more than 10 years. Always a delicious meal, friendly Keys service, and intriguing wine list. The fish and shellfish are so fresh and perfectly prepared. The pasta and sauce compares to any simple yet fresh combination that places in Cinque Terre, Roma, Firenze, or Milano have to offer. Florida Keys fresh fish, and rustic old world Italy, what more could I ask for? Would go here every day if I could! Best place in the Keys for me, hands down!!!

1  Thank smokeycleo
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We were here in 2004 and it was fantastic. We took a group of 3 couples and it was so disappointing. When I called and got reservations I asked about the menu and the cost. They said they had fish from $15.00-market price... When we got there the fish dishes started at $28.00. We all ordered the Captain platter..some broiled, some blackened. The chowders, clam and conch were both terrible. Our guest that ordered the conch couldn't even finish it, it was so bad. When the fish came the Shrimp were dry and overcooked. We're in the keys.. the shrimp should have been very fresh. The fish was okay and the best on the plate was the scallops. We ordered dessert and the homemade brownie with icecream was like eating a month old brownie. We were all dissappointed. Later that evening, all of us felt ill. I'm not sure what it was but no one of us left that restaurant with a warm, fuzzy feeling. In stead we all got sick. Something upset our stomachs. Would I ever return.. never and I won't tell everyone that it was the great place I remember. The only thing that was good is one of our quests got the Lobstergot, Lobster Pieces Prepared Escargot Style. She loved it. Over priced for the value.. I would, take a long look at the place and drive by. It's really run down, and totally not worth what we all spent.

1  Thank caroline b
Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

The owner must have family writing the positive reviews because it is really bad. Save your money, there are plenty of restaurants far superior the this place. WAY overpriced crap.

1  Thank Erik L
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Don't judge a book by its cover! Uncle's was recommended to us by my husband's fishing captain as a place to take his fresh catch for a great 40th birthday dinner. When we drove by it, we were like, UM maybe not, but ended trying it out. So glad we did! Easy reservations, helpful waitress, and wow, the food was amazing. They have different preparations they can do for the "cook your catch" and you can choose up to three. The milanese was the favorite among the table. They served it family style with mashed potatoes and vegetables. We went back two days later with some lobster and fish we picked up at the fish market (sshh!!) and had them prepare it. They had some different options of prep that night and all equally as good as the first time. Key lime pie had a great tart lime flavor. Best food we had in the Keys!