“Terrific place to visit and hang out”

Robbie's of Islamorada
Ranked #12 of 159 Tours in Islamorada
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
ponte vedra Beach, Florida, USA
“Terrific place to visit and hang out”
Reviewed March 3, 2011

Everyone at Robbie's and the Hungry Tarpon are fantastic. Excellent food, went to breakfast there three days in a row actually, and the staff was really nice. Also enjoyed the featured event there, feeding the tarpon, there was a man on the dock to help keep the pelicans away (quite aggressive!) and they really were fun fish to watch. My boyfriend and I also took a party boat out on the Capt Michael. Crew and captain were friendly and helpful, caught fish (wish we caught more) and brought some to a local restaurant for dinner. Great memories and pictures!

• Finnish first
new jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“As always excellent time - fishing, eating, and hanging out enjoying the scenery"”
Reviewed February 23, 2011

Party boat fishing is always worth the trip- $38 and caught lots of fish on both trips. The mates Tony and Anthony, always seem to enjoy thier work and provide great tips and help with landing a great catch. Lunch at Hungry Tarpon was excellent. Even the dog had a great time, watching the pelicans and getting treats from the staff. Can't wait to get back.

Runnemede, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Went to Robbie's 3 times in a one week visit”
Reviewed February 18, 2011

Before leaving for our trip I had found Robbie's website and decided it was a must stop place for us while in the keys.
After flying into Miami and driving toward our hotel we stopped at Robbie's and found it to be a welcome break. The food was excellent and reasonable (the blackened grouper was my choice). Elizabeth was our waitress that day and she made me feel like we had stopped to visit a favorite relative. We wondered out to the dock to check out the tarpon and explore shops.
Since both of us love to fish we were hooked (pardon the pun). We admired the tarpon, checked out the pelicans and made plans to go out on the party boat later in the week. We also made plans to snorkel but the weather did not cooperate with us for that.
We came back for the AM fishing trip but first had a wonderful and reasonable breakfast while sitting by the water. Our waitress Kat was the best and again we felt like we were visiting relatives (ones we liked). Our fishing trip was great and both my husband and I caught more than enough fish for our lunch. Just let me mention that the mates and the captain certainly knew what they were doing and made the trip one we were eager to repeat.
Once we docked, the mates (Tony and Anthony) got the fish cleaned and we headed to the Hungry Tarpon Restaurant with our fresh catch where Chef Spul (not sure if I got the name right and I am sorry to the chef if it is wrong) cooked them to perfection. Kat and Elizabeth both greeted us as if we were old friends and made sure that we had everything we needed.
To try to sum up - we went back again for lunch and another fishing trip and the experience was once again GREAT. Just one note if you plan to have the Hungry Tarpon cook your catches don’t go fishing on Sunday afternoon. The restaurant closes early on Sundays.
I cannot wait to go back to the keys and Robbie’s!

1 Thank lyn0406
Charlottetown, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Feeding the tarpon is a fun, inexpensive, unique experience”
Reviewed February 7, 2011

We didn't do anything else at Robbie's other than feed the Tarpon, but that in itself was pretty wild. These fish are big and when they jump out of the water to take the bait from your hand it's a pretty crazy experience. A great photo op and a unique adventure all in one. It's really quite cheap too ($1 per person to go out on the dock (which is a bit tacky, especially if you're with a big group, and the only reason that I didn't give an excellent review) and $3 for a small bucket of bait. It cost my husband and I $5 to take this in and really what can you get for $5 these days?). My husband got right in there and we got some great photos. If you're short like me or doing this with your kids you'll only want to do this at high tide (because your arms won't be long enough to reach the bait out to the fish and then it's a bit of a waste). We went at low tide (which was fine for my 6'4" hubby) but I wasn't able to reach (I'm 5'2"). If you pay for admission at low tide they will allow you to come back again at high tide for free (you'd just have to buy more bait). Watch the pelicans. They are big on stealing your bait and can be very aggressive! All in all it was 15 minutes or so of fun and well worth the time to stop in.

Key Largo, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent Jet ski tour! The most beautiful water ever!”
Reviewed February 5, 2011

My family and I recently visited Robbies in Islamorada, Fla. We took a wonderful tour thru the mangroves, saw manatee right beside our jet ski. Private Snorkeling at Alligator reef was included without having to be on a large boat with a lot of people. We were able to go as fast as we wanted while out in the bay, but with the help of our guide, we made it safely thru the shallow water and the mangroves. Getting out on the water was the highlight of our trip. Highly recommend the 2 hr. tour!

2 Thank keyslivin