“Had a blast” 4 of 5 bubbles

17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Had a blast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Our teenager girls were afraid to feed the tarpon so my husband did it and we all had a great laugh. The pelican grabbed the first fish out of his hand before he could even feed the tarpon. An employee with a long pole helped chase away the pelicans for us. The tarpon are huge and jump up to grab the fish. I'd heed their warning and not put your hand in the water! Good place to shop for souvenirs as well with fair prices.

• Finnish first
Lantana, Florida
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Fun spot to feed fish, shop kiosks, dine.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Our family visited Robbie's while vacationing in Key Largo. My husband has been a fan of their web cam so we made the visit planning on feeding the Tarpon and dining.
The Tarpon feeding is at one of the docks by the HUNGRY TARPON Restaraunt. The fee to go out onto the Tarpon dock is $1 per person if you haven't dined at HUNGRY TARPON. The buckets of fish are available to purchase for $6. The Tarpon are swimming all over, very large and eager to take the food. Lots of kids feeding and it was fun for kids.
There are kayak and boats available for rental.
Also about 8 kiosks of shopping.
Our dinners were priced well considering the touristy type of place it is. I enjoyed fish tacos. I'm sure we'll stop there again while in town. It is very family friendly.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Kristinesonja
Palm Beach, Florida
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“You need to see it to believe it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Holy Smokes! The TARPONS MOUTH is on TOP of its snout! The bait fish drops straight down into the tarpon mouth when they snap at the fish! Very exciting for those brave enough to hold the fish over the dock! Good fun for "us chickens" (that's me) and designated photo takers.
They don't really have teeth so those who have experience even hold their hand still and let the fish jump up over the hand and to the elbow! So, don't worry about danger, go ahead enjoy a very unique experience! I'll be watching on Robbie's WEB CAM, http://www.robbies.com/

Great little village of shops. My friend, Bev, from Toronto bought a great hat!
I look forward to my return visit and to try out The Hungry Tarpon Restaurant.
The bait bucket is free if you've eaten at the restaurant!
Have FUN! Kitty

Visited March 2013
So Cal
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Biggest Tourist Trap on the 1”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Was told by lots of people to go and check it out. Very disappointed. Gifts and trinkets were way more expensive than the other places we stopped. The fishing boats were cleaning their catch and the pelican tug of wars were more interesting than feeding the tarpon. Book a fishing trip here if thats your bag, seems like thy were nailing them!

Cape Coral, Florida, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“So many tarpon!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

I go to Robbie's every time I'm in the Key's. Feeding the Tarpon is super fun, quick, and cheap. Last year was the first time I mustered up enough courage to feed them instead of just watching (I'm super squeamish) but I'm so glad I did! They practically eat out of your hand, it's super exciting.

I've never eaten at the restaurant but on my next trip I definitely will because of all the positive reviews!

I love a the little shops around, amazing art, jewelry, t-shirt. Everything right next to the water. It's a beautiful place with great people!

Visited April 2012