“Go here everytime we visit Islamorada!”

Islamorada Fish Company
Ranked #22 of 93 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Elgin
“Go here everytime we visit Islamorada!”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

We love to go here every time we visit Islamorada! Great food and spirits!!! Good for kids since its outdoors. Kids love seeing the big Tarpon in the middle water area. and then browse in Bass pro shop. Service has been good everytime we have visited. Got a margarita with a corona floater. Loved it!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Kathy B

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This place is for the Birds!”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

This will now mark the second time I have gotten up and walked out of this establishment. The first attempt in Aug 2013 resulted in a complete lack of service. The second attempt with my family group of seven started better. The server was prompt, professional and patient. We ordered a round of drinks and started to look at the menus. We noticed a few pigeons walking around our feet, but hey its a beautiful outdoor experience so what the hay! I then realized that the elderly table next to us was feeding these "rats with wings". And then 2 grew to 15 pigeons real quick. The waitress asked them to stop and they did, for 10 seconds maybe...then as they tried to shoe/shue/scare them away, the flapping started. "I can't stand flapping" I yelled (it really freaks me out) so with fear in my eyes and feathers in our hair we decided to abort this failed mission and ended up at Checca Lodge with a 5star dining experience.

Maybe somebody in management should try some crazy technique almost unheard of...Fishing Line!!!!! It works everywhere, and in the keys there's no shortage of it...or a few plastic owls will do the trick!

But who am I to know what works, I have only been running restaurants for 20 years! (crap has it been that long?)

• Visited August 2014
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Fantastic sunset, average food”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

I would highly recommend Islamorada Fish Company for the view. The sunset was spectacular. Great place for pictures. Our meal was fine. Very average fish tacos. Kind of typical beach food. My husband ordered the whole snapper and it was good. Would have loved more selection of fresh vegetables, but understand that there may not be a huge demand for them.

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Mary L
guatemala
“Love this place”
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Came back for lunch on a day trip from Miami. This is the best seafood restaurant in the Keys, you sit outside in a huge dock that they made into the restaurant. All the seafood is fresh and delicious. We even got to enjoy a huge Manatee that was resting in the marina. And after a great meal you can stroll the Bass Pro Shops! My favorite dish is the basket of fried Mahi Mahi!

1 Thank mencos1
Estero, Florida
“Walter was great and they Cooked our catch!”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Food and appetizers were great. We brought our own Tile Fish in that we freshly caught. Walter recommended the alligator and conch fritters and they were excellent. They cooked our fish 4 ways and served everything family style. Finished our lunch with the chocolate cake and key lime pie in a bowl. Walter suggested turning the key lime pie over on a plate. That made it easy to share.

• Visited August 2014