“Nice atmosphere but average food and service”

Islamorada Fish Company
Ranked #30 of 95 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant has a great location and a neat design with a semi enclosed area where large populations of fish congregate so you can watch them as you eat and as people feed them. Beyond that there wasn't much that differentiates this establishment. Average service, roughly Friday's quality food, smallish portions and a bit on the pricey side. I'll skip this one next time around.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,145)

Reviewed March 12, 2014

A little more expensive than other places we tried but the food was good. I did ask that the sauce on the baked stuffed shrimp be put on the side but it was all over it. Fortunately, it was good! Service was good but not real friendly. I did think it was tacky that they had someone going around with a basket selling light-up toys from a basket.

Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

This was our first trip to the Keys.. And our first meal here as well and all I can say is it couldn't possibly get any worse! We started with the Island Sampler appetizer, which consisted of two very small crab cakes, three alligator bites, and three conch fritters for $13.95! The crab and alligator were straight out of a freezer bag and the conch fritters were missing their namesake ingredient!! Ridiculous! Our meals arrived-- I ordered grilled dolphin; my husband ordered the grilled grouper. My fish was so dried out and I told our server that it was not edible . She sent it back and offered to get me another piece, which I requested teriyaki grilled--well that didn't happen! No flavor once again-but it wasn't dried out. I requested teriyaki sauce along with a drink refill, which I never received. Also, the sides, fries and bland half-grilled vegetables did nothing to save this pathetic meal, which at $21.00 was highway robbery!
THE ONLY GOOD PART WAS THE BEAUTIFUL OUTDOOR SEATING AND THE SUNSET. PLEASE, PLEASE DONT WASTE YOUR PREVIOUS TIME AND HARD EARNED MONEY AT THIS TOURIST TRAP!!
the

Reviewed March 11, 2014

It was busy so I was going to give our older long haired blond waitress a break but I just couldn’t do it, the service was terrible. She moved past our table and pitched a couple of menus at brisk walk almost a run and mutters a few words never slowing enough to answer questions or take an order only to return and ask “what will it be”? Water, drinks or appetizer perhaps she caught me off guard and from behind so I didn’t get my response out fasted enough “Gone again” she did return a while later and asked if we had finally made up our minds. OK bring the seafood shrimp, scallop combo grilled please. We got it and what a disappointment it was terrible! Red Lobster makes this food look like five star.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I am a local and have sadly watched this restaurant go downhill over the years. The fried foods are ok and the setting very nice. We took friends here recently for drinks and appetizers and I was embarrassed with the poor quality of the raw oysters and conch fritters. The oysters were very small and the opposite of "plump". I understand are some problems getting oysters these days but if you can't get edible ones, they should not be on the menu. The conch fritters were like dry hushpuppies with no conch to be found. Maybe the worst I have ever tasted. I hope this review will be constructive and someday we can enjoy good food here again.