“Incredibly”
Review of Pierre's

Pierre's
Ranked #21 of 93 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Key Largo, Florida
“Incredibly”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

While this is an established Keys high-end restaurant, someone at Pierre's has forgotten they need to earn that reputation daily... The building is lovely, the bartenders are good. But the food was marginal - my octopus appetizer was tasty, but the hogfish meunierre - a pricey special - was bland and uninspired. A local, I make a superior version of this dish, along with Marker 88, Ma's Fish House, Fish House Encore, Mrs. Mac's and about a dozen others in the upper keys. Our friend sent his grilled salad back after one soggy bite.

Our waitress was appallingly inept. Forgetting 2 drinks out of four, telling us she can't read her own writing, then promising a drink on the house which she also forgot. Taking aware flatware she didn't replace, then apologizing ("sorry to stab you") when she finally did. Spilled water in my friends lap while pouring. She disappeared for long periods of time; to be replaced by apologetic bar staff who served us. Finally figured she was chemically or mentally compromised.

We are not dining prima donnas, but for that price, this was inexcusable. Our out-of-town guests met another couple who also had this waitress and said they would never eat there again. We agree.

There are many great restaurants in the Keys - this lazy establishment is pricey, overrated and resting on their laurels. Come for a drink or the sunset - go somewhere else to eat.

3 Thank Diver4comm

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Charming But Less Than Stellar”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We came in for dinner before the Full Moon Beach Party. Getting in was a production and I understand they have to check you in and give you the wrist bands, but it felt less than welcoming and more like we were trying to crash the party or something. I felt more like a bother and less like a valued guest. The prices for dinner were fixed and and for what we paid, I expected a fall off your chair fantastic meal. It was good, just not fantastic. Our waiter was not at all engaged or impressive. His service was slow, he was VERY quiet, mumbled when he spoke and we had to pull information out of him. He didn't answer all of our questions and wasn't as attentive as I'd hoped. Management did stop by to check on us once but the only person I felt was genuinely friendly and helpful was the hostess. Our bill included a huge chunk of tax and a required tip for our little 3 top "for our convenience" that was much higher than what our waiters service deserved in my opinion (and I was in the restaurant service industry for probably 20 years). The building is GORGEOUS, the grounds are charming and the beach party was a blast mainly due to the excellent band Sekond Nature, but I would not go back just for dinner and if I went back for another full moon beach party, I would dine elsewhere.

1 Thank shoelu
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Disappointed in The Keys”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Our second year to the beautiful Islamorada we wanted to eat at Pierre's. It is a lovely decorated place with a lot of charm. The bartenders were fabulous... We ordered drinks and sat out side overlooking the water listening to music. Our guests arrived and we went up stairs for dinner. That is when our experience went down hill. We ordered another round of drinks and our server did not understand what I ordered. She never heard of a flirtini which they have on the signature drink menu. She came back with two drinks and forgot what my husband ordered and asked me again what I ordered. I said please I'll just have a Chardonnay. They did comp the martini. But it came in about a half an hour. When we asked about the fish specials she said they had Bronzino pronounced three different ways, really we had to correct her on how she pronounced the fish. My husband enjoy his steak, my fish was ok. We sent the salad back because was awful. So my suggestion would be to visit this charming place for a drink and eat some where else.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Awesome Valentine's Day!”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

My husband and I celebrated Valenntine's Day at Pierre's and had a great dining experience. I must say everything was perfect from the food to the service provided by Jonathan. The manager, Brian, came by and also asked if everything was to our liking. We stayed for drinks and dancing afterwards at their lounge and had a great time. My Valentine's Day was PERFECT!

New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Oh, dear - what has happened to this place”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We went to celebrate my mum's birthday and I have to say we were sorely disappointed - last time we were here was several years ago and what a contrast - the staff from the reception desk that checked us in to the wait staff appeared to be uncoordinated and untrained at best and honestly dysfunctional - they appeared so far from what one would expect from a restaurant of its supposed calibre - in New York if you go to a restaurant such as this you receive superb service from well trained people who are actually passionate about food and know how to manage their clients - here we were very underwhelmed - the waiter had next to no knowledge of the menu and the time between courses was VERY long and the restaurant wasn't even full - while the food was ok - it was just that ok - a real disappointment and in future I will spend my money elsewhere - the restaurant needs to up its game if it wants to satisfy a sophisticated client base - t

1 Thank Thea W