“Good food, excellent ambience”
Review of Pierre's

Pierre's
Reserve with OpenTable
Pierre's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 94 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Scenic view, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed December 17, 2013

The night we dined we were about a third of the total number of clients (6), though more may have filtered in later. Accordingly, we had plenty of attentive service. An outside balcony overlooks the bay, and allows you to share the music of the adjacent Morada Bay restaurant. One thing we liked,and that seems to be a cause of controversy in the reviews, was the size of the meal. Quantity was just perfect for our tastes, without any side dishes, and we left without feeling overstuffed and without having to resort to the ubiquitous doggy bags. And yes, the price is high, but so is the quality of the cooking. My personal sense was that the deserts could have been a bit more imaginative,and include more fruit.

ecarlson, General Manager at Pierre's, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Thank you for your kind words regarding your experience at Pierre's. We offer hand-crafted dishes of all sizes hoping our guests leave happy, but never over-stuffed. We will continue to work to improve all of our dishes including desserts.

Best Regards,

Eric A. Carlson

Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

This was our first visit to Pierre's & the last day of our trip. Our only regret was not dining here earlier. My husband & I read the negative reviews & didn't want to pay high pay prices for poor service. After our experience we are amazed at the negative reviews. The first thing I noticed (in addition to the stunning building & grounds) was the beautiful herb garden out front & someone picking herbs for the nights meals!

Scott was our waiter & Rob was the bartender. We visited several restaurants during our visit & the service we received here was the best we found. Scott was welcoming, friendly & full of great stories about the keys (and poured a great Guinness!). In addition to the great service the food/drinks were by far the best we found. We will most definitely be back next year.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I've been dining at Pierre's for close to ten years now. The food is always excellent, but that's not what inspired my review. I just want to say thank you to our waiter, Scott, for helping make my wife and My anniversary dinner perfect. As I was asking the hostess if he was working that night, he just appeared out of nowhere and greeted us with a smile and even remembered our names. When My wife mentioned it was our anniversary, he assured us he had the perfect table and sat us away from the crowd at a nice quiet table for two.
I had the Grouper and it was perfect! The portion could have been a little bigger, but I say that about every meal. My wife ordered the fillet medium, but it came back a little to rare. Scott must have been watching as she first cut into it, because he was there in the blink of an eye to bring it back to the kitchen to be perfected. I really enjoyed helping her finish that steak! My wife was having a hard time picking a wine, so he let her taste one before ordering. That was really nice. Then he asked me if I was going to have my usual Green Label and I did. I can't believe he remembered my drink. I haven't eaten there in almost a year.
Anyway, Thank you again for a great experience with great service. We will definitely be back and hopefully he's working that night :)

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Good food but poor service. The view is spectacular and beautiful sunsets. We had a drink at the bar first and the service there was great, a good choice of cocktails too.the wine list was great too, will definitely go back.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

First, the setting is top notch. You couldn't ask for a better place to dine from an ambiance perspective. The view is straight off of a post card or corona commercial. Sunset, drinks and food are excellent. Great date spot for a meal or just afew drinks on the back porch. Try the black grouper...