“First night in keys”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Orlando, Florida
“First night in keys”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

This place has so much to offer. A little beach, kayaks, paddle boards, sunset, fireworks and a great meal. Ask for Whiskey the server.

We have mixed reviews about the beach. I guess on weekend and holiday it's not the place to be unless you want to be surrounded by large families with many kids. They charge for the beach chair but did not offer service on the beach and we had to go to the bar. We ended up next to a large annoying family that ended up yelling at the manager and bartender after being told they can't have outside food on the beach. The kids also took our chairs that we paid for. The bartender Tim replaced them no questions asked.

Now, the sunset and Hog fish made up for everything. We did not have reservation but ended up getting seated faster then expected. Make sure you ask for one of the swing tables on the water. The tables make you feel like your on the water not just next to it. Our server made the best recommendation. We took her up on all of it. From the drinks to the food, it was just perfect.

Over all great experience (except for the family on the beach)

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Sam B

• Polish first
Naples, Florida
“Best Keylime pie!”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We have been to Marker 88 a number of times, but recently we stopped by for a beer. Enjoying the view of the bay was peaceful as always. Not quite finished though, I had to try their famous Key lime pie. Locals have raved about the taste, so I had to see/taste for myself. The locals are right! This was the best Key lime pie I have had in the seven years I have been in Florida. We have been here for lunch and dinner on other occasions, but this was a nice treat. I'm sure we will be back on our next visit to Islamorada.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank CosmoK2515
Key Largo, FL
“Great sunsets terrible service and food”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We arrived and were seated outside, then it began. My shorts and underwear were soaked by the chair cushion which had apparently been left in the rain all day. Took 10 minutes to get a waiter even though there were only a couple of tables occupied. The wine list prices were was unbelievably marked up. The sides on the menu were a la carte. We ordered two steaks medium rare, 45 minutes later they arrived very very well done, in fact crispy! Sent them back and after a long wait were served two that were cooked just right. As we settled in to enjoy them, we were attacked by massive swarms of mosquitoes that were hungrier than we were. We gave it up.

There are many good restaurants in Keys, I have been to most of them. The last three times I came here it dissappoints a little more than the time before. Wonderful place to watch the sunset and have a few drinks, but my advice is to skip the dining, you can do much better!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank gatorfarmr
Mesa AZ
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Drinks and appetizers”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We only had drinks and appetizers but sat on the beach in a wonderful swing table and chairs. The set had a nice cover and although it was a little sandy, the environment was wonderful. I didn't care for the conch fritters but my companions enjoyed them.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank dlmillen
New York City, New York
“Histamine fish poisoning from Mahi Mahi”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Busy restaurant with great location. We waited for a table but nothing unusual. Service was slowish but to be expected given the size of the place. HOWEVER, we ordered the Mahi Mahi fish which it turned out to be not such a good idea. Basically, my wife immediately got symptoms and decided not to eat. I on the other hand had no immediate reaction and decided to finish. Later, I would find myself wondering what on earth was happening to me with the headache and skin flushing. Anyway, don't know if the fish came in bad from the supplier or was simply not properly stored, either way, something a professional kitchen should know how to avoid. At least I learned something about histamine fish poisoning..

• Visited July 2014