“Delicious food, great view make up for the service”
Review of Marker 88

Marker 88
Ranked #13 of 93 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
“Delicious food, great view make up for the service”
Reviewed May 24, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

There were 6 women in our party and after a flight and a long drive from Ft.Lauderdale we were ready to relax. Marker 88 was recommended to us as a good place to stop for lunch and it is. We got a table outside, no waiting. It's right on the water with a great view. We were there on a Thursday afternoon and they had live entertainment which was very good, not too loud, just pleasant. We ordered drinks and 2 appetizers to start. The drinks came and we ordered lunch-the Alligator Reef Salad is excellent, very fresh with lump crab meat and a delicious mango citrus dressing. One of our party realized she did not get her Dark & Stormy, but a Mojito and called the waiter over. I guess he was busy but he made no attempt at an apology and when he came back with the drink, he took away the Mojito. In my book, you leave the wrong drink and apologize for the mistake. Bottom line, on the way back, we decided to try another restaurant.

Visited May 2014

• Polish first
Coral Gables, Florida
“Great Food”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

The food here is terrific. Great view, great location. We drive 12 miles past a bunch of other restaurants just to eat here. Although, the prices are bit high so we cannot go to often.

Visited May 2014
Aquiraz, CE
“Stay away!”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

The sunset was beautiful, the rest...a joke!

After being ignored for half an hour I got up to find a waitress.
When our meal came, no utensils. We had to stare at it, watching it getting cold until I found a waitress and asked for them.

Same thing for dessert. They said that there were busy and were short of spoons!

As for the overpriced food: it said "wild rice" but it was a pathetic looking, bland, integral regular rice. The side order of mushrooms was without any flavor too.
The fish had absorbed too much oil and I had a hard time digesting it that night.

I ordered the cream brulee with the optional strawberries with balsamic. A small "solo" plastic cup came, with a red puree. I asked if those were the strawberries and the waiter said yes.
It turned out to be raspberries instead! They later realized their error (by themselves) and brought out the strawberries, but I could not taste nor see the balsamic...

I recommend that you watch the sunset from the pier and go eat somewhere else!

1 Thank cescolar
Pittsburgh
“Great view in Flordia Keys”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We stopped at Marker 88 on the way to Hawks Cay Resort. The view is beautiful! Nice covered rocking booths. I had Hog Fish sandwich and Sweet Potato fries. Key lime pie looked good.

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Marker 88”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

This is a "must do" while in the Fla. Keys! We have eaten at least 3 or 4 times and it is always outstanding. I had a salad with fresh crab and hearts of Palm and it was so fresh and tasty, my husband had onion encrusted Mahi Mahi and swears it was the best meal of the week. Beautiful Gulf view. Doesn't get much better.