“Sunny Afternoon Family Lunch”

Marker 88 Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 92 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Newmarket, Canada
“Sunny Afternoon Family Lunch”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We recently ate here on our way back to Miami Beach from Robbie's Marina. This place was recommended by several people at the marina so we had to check it out.

Ate burgers, Tuna, Deep fried Conch, Cesar Salad and KEY LIME PIE which you MUST try!!!!!

Food was good no complaints but it was the scenery and the view of the sea which we were steps away from which got my attention! It was like eating on the patio overlooking millions of shades of Blue water while watching the birds and wildlife. You can walk down the pier and see fish, sting rays and whatever else is under the dock.

A great experience overall!

If you are passing through I seriously recommend having Lunch here!!

• Polish first
Saint Charles, Illinois
“Great ribeye steak”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

My wife loves fish so we ate at a lot of fish while staying on Islamorada and I was desperately wanting a good steak. The salt and pepper encrusted ribeye at Marker 88 did the trick, it was excellent and the bernaise sauce that accompanied it was perfectly prepared. My wife loved her fish item as well

Visited January 2014
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Memories...”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

My husband and I returned to this wonderful restaurant after having been here 32 years ago. The place has undergone a LOT of changes since 1982, but the friendly service and quality food is just as wonderful as we remembered.

It wasn't busy on the night we went for dinner and we had our choice of tables outside. We chose one of the swing-style tables which was a lot of fun. We could easily hear the guitar player and his music, which added a lovely ambiance to our evening. I started with the Key Lime Martini which was deliciously prepared. I chose the Alligator Reef Salad for my dinner which was a bed of greens topped with lump crab meat, shrimp, hearts of palm and fresh green beans. It was delicious and large enough to satisfy. My husband ordered the grilled Mahi-Mahi and even I liked it (and I don't eat fish!) For dessert, we shared the key lime pie, also a winner!

Thanks to Page, our server for a great evening! Next time we are in the keys we will be sure to come back!!

“Disappointed”
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

We're locals and have heard nothing but great things about Marker 88 for years. We had friends in town yesterday and wanted to take them someplace special for dinner, so we took them to Marker 88. We must say the restaurant failed to live up to the hype. For starters, they botched our reservations. We had reservations for 7:30. We got there at 7:15 and were told, rather snarly, that our table wouldn't be ready until promptly at 7:30. First Impression: Greeters were somewhat rude and standoffish. They appeared to care less about us being there. We then went to the bar for drinks. 7:30 came and went with no table. At 750, we inquired about our table; the reply, "Do you have a reservation?". Obviously, they had given our table to another party. The good news is they were able to seat us immediately. The bad, there were numerous empty tables in the restaurant. Second Impression: Restaurant was not staffed properly to handle the busy holiday weekend. We then sat down and proceeded to wait 15 minutes before the waitress showed up to take our drink order. 10 minutes later our drinks finally arrived and 10 minutes after that we finally ordered our food. Third Impression: The wait staff was overwealmed. The food while good was not up to the price. Here's what I had: shrimp cocktail, nothing spectacular, four shrimp and cocktail sauce. Lobster bisque soup, good however no where near the top of my list and served luke warm. Hog fish with crab meat, quite tasty, however the dish also arrived luke warm. Obviously its been sitting out too long. For dessert I had a molten chocolate cake, again it was good however it too was not hot. Overall, we were quite disappointed in the experience. I must add that our waitress was quite friendly and was not to blame for our experience. She was simply overworked. Again, major let down. There are much better options for a fine night out in the Upper Keys.

Orlando, Florida
“Expected more; got less”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

The atmosphere is great as you are on the water and outside. The furniture could use some updating. There was live music and we had dinner near the water. The drinks tasted watered down and the dinner was either burned or cold. We expected more from the reviews we read however it was not a great place for a great or even good meal.

1 Thank Paradise_Visitors