“Great Seafood and Views”
Review of Marker 88

Marker 88
Ranked #13 of 93 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed November 29, 2012

A few months ago we made our annual trip to the Keys and stopped off at this restaurant. What a treat.

First, the weather was warm enough that we had lunch outdoors on a non-moving swing! The view was simply beautiful. The water was so clear you could see coral and small fish swimming. At the recommendation of the waitress all four of us ordered hogfish. One individual had it fried, one Cajun style, one in a sandwich, and one had it baked. All of us were very pleased with the fish. The meal was very good. Two of us enjoyed a some Sunset Ale and two had glasses of wine.

The food was good as was the service.

For us it was the start of a wonderful vacation.

There are newer reviews for Marker 88

Reviewed November 29, 2012

My son and I had lunch here on 11/28/12. The food, service and atmosphere were so great that we came back for dinner and were even further impressed. This morning I had the pleasure of meeting the General Manager, Barbara. I told her how much we enjoyed our meals and the service and she gave me a tour of the kitchen. It was spotless. I typically don't like to eat at the same place twice when I'm traveling, but there is no need to look further than this gem. We will go back for certain.

Barbara A, General Manager at Marker 88, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

It was my pleasure to meet the both of you, and thank you for your very kind review. Have a safe trip down to Key West and hopefully you will stop by and see us on your way back through. On behalf of the staff here at Marker 88 we look forward to your next visit with us.
Until then we wish you and your family a wonderful Holiday Season.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

My husband & I first ate here 20 yrs ago; first trip to the Keys. After a friend moved to Tavernier, we became consistent visitors making a point of dining here each trip. Market 88 never disappoints. I don't recall an outdoor dining option when we first ate here. The outside dining is lush, beautiful, classic Floridian. I had oysters on the half shell & a Pistachio -encrusted Yellow Tail tuna w/ sweet/sour green beans. YUMM!

Barbara A, General Manager at Marker 88, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

On behalf of Marker 88 staff I would like to thank you for your kind review. After going through all your contributions I noticed we were given 5 stars along with some other very fine places. I hope the next time your here in Islamorada we will get the chance to meet. Until then keep writing your reviews they truly make the service industry happy to know they are appreciated and I will print this for all the staff at Marker 88 to read. From all of us here at 88 we wish you a wonderful holiday season.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Thought the food was mediocre at best. Ordered a 32.00 bottle of wine, and when the bill came it was now 54.00? Hello!!! At first the waitress was saying we got an old menu and was going to do nothing about it. Then she finally relented and gave us the 32.00 price. Would never go back. That is really poor customer service.

1  Thank buffy25
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Yiu'll not walk away hungry..but a little pricey - the après seating and bar area worth the price of admission