“They have what you need”

Trading Post Grocery Store
Ranked #24 of 93 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch
Description: The Trading Post is always open, and proud to serve you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year! Family owned and operated since 1966, The Trading Post Grocery Store is your one stop shop. Choose from our selection of the finest meats, fresh seasonal produce, extensive beer and wine inventory and full service deli. Don't forget our fried chicken and world famous key lime pie! Our friendly staff is always on hand to help you find just what you're looking for.
Boynton Beach, Florida
“They have what you need”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The Trading Post has a great selection of prepared foods that are reasonably priced, a full selection of cheese and pretty much everything else you need to fill your belly during your stay on Islamorada. They even sell bait so it's one stop shopping (which is good since there's not a big grocery store on Islamorada). Were pleasantly surprised at the selection and the prices we found here.

Visited December 2013

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“The Best”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Great location and has everything you need from the grocery store. Great mixers and fruit. Very conveniant

Visited May 2013
Florida
“Everything You Need!”
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

This little Mom & Pop grocery store has been a stop for me in the Keys for years now. I stayed in Islamorada for Christmas week & used this store several times, the cuts of meat were excellent. I bought a nice thick ribeye..... Perfect!
Great tasting fried chicken...hmm hmm!
They have the best collection of wine around..... It's a little pricey but hey your in the Keys & it beats driving all the way back to the WD in Tavernier!
While I was there they had some of the best homade apple pies, there were huge & delicious!
Do yourself a favor & stop in anytime they are always open......

Dallas, Texas
“Always there for you!”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Convenient location, open 24/7, friendly staff. Good place to refill on milk, juice and cookies for children.

Visited December 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Rude on Christmas Eve”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

We have travelled every year for the past 7 years to the Keys for the Holidays. A favorite stop is the Trading Post, my kids love the Key Lime Pie bars, and I always spend money on other items while there, are the products expensive? Yes, but I am understanding of that as we are in a tourist location and their products are very good. Not anymore. Earlier in the day we stopped in after travelling many hours. Finally arriving in Miami and excited to start our trip we made our way down to Islamorada. Everyone needed a snack and we were glad to see the Trading Post and went in spending over 80 dollars on lunch and treats. A pleasant woman cashier reminded us that they were open tomorrow if we needed any other items, I said thank you I am sure we will be back. After swimming and resting the kids were ready for a another treat, and I realized we needed a few more items. Going over to the Trading Post I stocked up and as I was paying with my debit card asked for cash back. I was told I was "too late" the transaction had been put threw and by the way without asking me if I was using debit or credit. I was never asked if I wanted cash back and I had gotten cash back before there last year. Especially since it is a grocery store I assumed I could get some cash back, but I was wrong and the nasty male cashier curtly told me so by stating "I never ask people if they want cash back" Being taken aback by being spoken to so rudely I apparently put the wrong pin number in and he snottily told me so. He said I can redo the transaction and give you 20 dollars back. He made it sound like he made the decisions and maybe he does, but there is a way to speak to people spending money in your store, especially at the holidays when they are on vacation.

I said no thanks. Re entered my pin and left.

I won't be back, I can go to CVS for sunblock, Publix for snacks and find Key Lime Bars else ware. I always have a car and I will plan accordingly.

• Visited December 2013
TradingPostGrocery, Public Relations Manager at Trading Post Grocery Store, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
We sincerely apologize on behalf of the staff member who you dealt with on Christmas Eve. Customer service is our top priority and we have taken this opportunity to hold a staff meeting in regards to our cash back policy. We do offer cash back, and you should have been asked at the beginning of the transaction. There is no excuse for rude behavior, and management is dealing with the person involved in this incident. Again, our sincerest apologies.