“Closed :(:(:(”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Just closed and waiting to see what will replace it. Hope it is a steakhouse of some sort. We could use one.

3  Thank 208PrincessB

Reviewed February 10, 2014

My wife and I ate here about 2 or 3 times a month since it provided a great steak, baked potato, wonderful bread and salad for a bit more than a fast food restaurant. Unfortunately, it closed in early February of 2014.

1  Thank James W
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Fresh fish is the trademark of the Keys. Not so the grouper at the Outback. And we had to BEG for real wine glasses, not plastic cups. Unlike MaCarthur, I shall NOT return!!!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

We had a gift card, and a coupon for a free appetizer when we were staying at the hotel next to the restaurant, so we went there for an early dinner. When we went to the hostess stand to be seated, there was an argument that ensued between the lady at the stand and the lady seating us. They were debating about whose table we should go to. It was awkward for us and unprofessional for them...very unusual and something you don't normally see.

Our waitress was nice, a bit quirky, but she tried to do a good job and checked in on us and refilled drinks. She was very nice to our kids, which is always appreciated. Overall, her service was prompt, but when it was time to bring the bill and get the bill settled, it took a very long time. I mean, like, nearly half an hour.

The food was good. For the free appetizer, we chose the artichoke dip. It was supposed to be a normal size, and I assume it was. It was a smallish bowl, like the size bowl you'd put your toddler's mac and cheese into. There were about two handfuls of tortilla chips on the side. She did tell us she could get more chips for us if needed, which we did request once we finished those. The portion for the dip is pretty meager, I think. However, the dip does taste very good and was scarfed down by the family pretty fast. The brown bread was served with softened whipped butter and was tasty. Our meals were good. The girls had chicken fingers and Aussie fries; they said they were good. Our son had the 6 oz burger and fries and liked it. My husband had a burger, as well, and it was good. I had the 6 oz sirloin steak special. The steak was good...only a teeny bit of fat. The salad that came with it was pretty big for a side salad, so I shared some with one of the kids. The baked potato came with butter, sour cream, cheese and bacon, and has the salted skins, which are always good.

My overall thoughts on this meal were...the food is good. It's not spectacular, but it's good. The value isn't the best, especially for appetizers, and sandwiches. Service was okay. The ladies at the front need to be aware that their personal issues should be set aside when there are customers with them. It was very flaky of them to argue like that. I would not return because there are a lot of interesting and unique food options in the surrounding areas, that specialize in local seafood meals. However, if you like chain restaurants, and want food you are comfortable with, perhaps you could get carryout. We noticed a lot of people doing that.

A couple of things...there is outdoor seating at the "Tiki Bar" of the hotel where they serve from the outback menu. You might prefer to eat out there. In addition, the view outside is really quite lovely.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stayed right next door at the Hamption Inn and what made this nice, it was a short walk away after a long day of fishing. Not only did they have the traditional menu for a Outback they also prepared the fish we caught. They gave us many options of ways to cook the fish and it was excellent. Staff were all upbeat and very friendly