“8th Grade Gaduation”

Early Bird Fishing Charters
Ranked #8 of 165 Tours in Islamorada
More attraction details
Owner description: Early Bird Fishing Charters is an offshore charter fishing business. Our boat, the EarlyBird is a 43' Alex Willis boat and is docked at Bud-n-Mary's Marina in Islamorada, FL. We take groups of up to 6 people on board with our captain and mate to fish for sailfish, marlin, mahi mahi, grouper, snapper and other pelagic fish.
Reviewed June 17, 2013

What a GREAT day with Capt Ross and his Crew, first mate Colby and Tom were both very knowledgeable, entire crew was friendly and Nice, no yelling at the guest or hard core instructions. we caught a bunch of Mahi and had a deep drop bite pull off after about 15 minutes of fighting, thinking sword fish but not sure however that is what we were targeting, We ended the day by taking some of our catch to Lazy days restaurant down the road best cooked fish I have ever had, I highly recommend EarlyBird and Lazy Days. Much thanks to Capt Ross Early.

Ross E, Owner at Early Bird Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thank you so much for the review on TripAdvisor. I am glad you had a good day fishing on the EarlyBird! It was my privilege to take you and your family out for your son's graduation. Hope to see you on the EarlyBird again soon! Thanks! Capt Ross

All reviews
"yellow tail"
in 6 reviews
"day trip"
in 6 reviews
"different species of fish"
"avid fisherman"
"the florida keys"
"earlybird"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed June 7, 2013

“Best offshore fishing experience in Islamorada. This was first class all the way ! Thanks Capt. Ross Early, Colby Mason and Davey Jones for the best fishing charter I have taken. I have taken fishing charters from SC to Hawaii and this really was the best fishing and best Captain I have ever had. "The Early Bird" is the the most fun and ready to go boat that I have been on. They deserve to have a 5 Star rating on Tripadvisor. I would highly recommend anyone wanting a superb fishing experience to feel comfortable chartering The Early Bird and her hard working Captain Ross Early and the awesome crew!

The Capt. filleted our fish for us and made reservations for us to eat at the best fish restaurant we've ever been to. He made the reservations while we were catching dinner! It was just so much fun! Thanks Again. If you are looking for a great fishing experience, look no further.

Ross E, Owner at Early Bird Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you for your review! My crew and I are glad you had a memorable day out fishing on the EarlyBird. We are always happy to make dinner reservations for you so you can take the fish you caught with us to one of the local restaurants and they will cook your catch. Fish doesn't get any fresher than that!
We look forward to taking you out again next time you're in town. Thanks again!

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I would like to take a minute to thank Capt. Ross Early, Colby Mason and Davey Jones for this past weekend . I have grown up around alot of boats and fished many tournaments from the Carolinas to almost Cuba and I can honestly say that "The Early Bird" is the the most enthusiastic ready to go boat that I have been on . I have also been on boats that spout a lot of lip service. This boat is not like this! The Early Bird delivers! Never have I seen a Captain and crew run around a boat spotting fish, throwing lines, searching for birds and grass lines so that we could find that one trophy fish that could put us at the top of the scales for our weekend tournament . The last day burning all the fuel payed off. We got our fish and finished 3rd overall in the entire Florida Keys Tornament. I would highly recommend anyone wanting a superb fishing experience to feel comfortable chartering The Early Bird and her hard working Captain Ross Early and superbly capable crew! We fully intend to charter The Early Bird again in December or January for The Bill Fish Tournament. I believe with Captain Ross and Colby Mason and Davy Jones we really have a chance to place or possibly win this Tournament as well!
P.S. Birds off the bow Captain!!!!!

Larry & Lisa Bare

1  Thank Larry B
Ross E, Owner at Early Bird Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you for this great review of the EarlyBird and our crew. I am so glad you all had a great time. I look forward to taking you all out for the Billfish Tournament! Thanks, again!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I would like to thank and commend Captain Ross Early and his mates Colby Mason and Davy Jones for an awesome experience this past weekend (May 24-26 2013) on the 43' Alex Willis Custom named the Early Bird! Having been off shore a few times...a great crew makes the trip. We were fishing in the Florida Keys Dolphin Championship...which included all Keys...from Largo to Key West. We finished 2nd in our district and 3rd overall for the weekend...missing a larger payday by 5ozs. You will not find a Capt. who will work any harder to please his customers. I would recommend this charter to anyone...be prepared to catch fish and have a great time. Never a dull moment on the Early Bird!!! Thanks again to Capt. Ross and mates....we are in the process on booking our next trip.

Scott Delk

Ross E, Owner at Early Bird Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Thank you for writing a review on TripAdvisor. My mates and I had a great time with your group this weekend. Thank you for chartering EarlyBird for the dolphin championship. We were thrilled to come in 2nd place in the Islamorada District and 3rd overall in the Keys! We look forward to fishing you guys again very soon!

See more reviews
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We visited Islamorada in April/May 2013 and set up to go on a trip with the Early Bird and Captain Ross. I fish a lot and I have a lot of fishing experience so I know when a captain knows what he's doing and when he doesn't.

Captain Ross knows what he's doing.

He put us on fish all day long of a variety of species. We caught kingfish, yellowtails, amberjack, tunas, and were hooked up on mahi (dorado) and grouper.

We asked him to do an extended trip for us. He was happy to do it so we were out for 10 hours instead of just 8.

We had a rain squall while we were out. I stepped on deck to see what the rain was doing only to see Captain Ross in the cockpit looking through his binoculars for birds to get us on fish. He could have just waited out the storm but he was working hard to get us into more fish. And, the best of all, he had no idea I was watching him. He was doing it because he works hard and was committed to us having a good day on the water.

He filleted our fish for us and made reservations for us to eat at the best fish restaurant we've ever been to. He made the reservations while we were catching dinner!

If you want a great experience with Captain Ross and William, call the Early Bird. The Early Bird catches the fish.

Thanks to Captain Ross for a great experience. I can't wait to come down and fish the Early Bird again.

2  Thank T B
Ross E, Owner at Early Bird Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you so much for the review on TripAdvisor. I had a great time fishing with you all while you were in town. It was my pleasure taking you out and I am glad you had a great day. I look forward to fishing you again soon!
Thanks again, Capt Ross